Car glass coating, worth paying 30000+ when a bottle costs less than 5000 ? Perfect Thai scam...

gaff

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Bentley never offered a LWB RT, it came as a standard length, it was just an RT.  A special factory order only could have got you a SWB RT but that was never officially offered so there was never a LWB version.  Using your logic, I could claim that 50 years ago my '68 Cortina 1600E was a 1968 Cortina1600E LWB.

Er , yes. The RT model was a LWB model as standard. So still longer than the Turbo R model i nearly bought. I didnt know they offered the RT in standard length. I must read my up my books.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  Good idea but some people said that that it cat be bad for the paint when you remove it ?

And where do you wrap for 30000 thb ?

thanks.

It was actually 45k but this is good for 5-7y. This was for a big car.

You would spend much more for glass coating during that time..

On 8/3/2018 at 11:04 AM, JoeW said:

Could you please tell me what store is charging 30,000 +? I would really like to know. I know a few shops in Bangkok charging 30,000+ but those shops are also doing cars worth well over 5,000,000 THB. All staff trained in Japan at the HQ. 

You mean that they charge differently depending on how much the car in question is worth and not the size of the car?

Edit: Presonally, I think it's waste of money.

You mean that they charge differently depending on how much the car in question is worth and not the size of the car?

The total cost has several factors; size, choice of wrap quality, professionalism. The value of the car is maybe not a direct cost factor but expensive cars mostly have more complicated bodies like spoilers and other accessories which makes the wrapping more difficult thus more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

ok, we have a King Spa just around the corner from us, when we bought the new Nissan  month ago I  looked at their coatings. They are done inside a special fully sealed glass booth and there is a bit of preparation before they go in to be coated and left overnight to be finished up the next day. Here are the prices for their different coats:

1 year glass coat X7 - 11,000 to 18,000 baht

1 year glass coat Platinum - 16,000 to 24,000 baht

1 year ceramic pack - 29,000 to 42,000 baht

2 year ceramic pack - 40,000 to 56,000 baht

Glass coat solid

1 year  - 35,000 to 50,000 baht

2 year - 46,000 to 61,000 baht

3 year - 57,000 to 72,000 baht

5 year - 79,000 to 94,000 baht

nano glass protection between 1,000 to 3,500 baht

I can buy the ceramic or the solid glass  coating myself for a few thousand baht, enough to last for a few years, these prices are a bit over the top to me for what you get. We did our last car when  new and it really didnt make all that much difference to a good wash and wax but wanted to see what they are charging these days, think it is aimed more at the hi so's than the average person

Especially done by farmers ?!

...why so many low life...

WOW! What attitude!

What are you?A super hi class human being, of course with your said Mercedes?

Really, please change your Dr so that you will get some effective medications.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, gaff said:

Thank you but are you sure that it's the question asked ?

Nobody seems to even have any idea about what is a car glass coating but keep speaking...

Well have a look here and you will understand >>> http://www.coating.com.au/glass-coating-for-cars/

Seems the farmers labour cost is high here.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:07 PM, gaff said:

And you really believe ! hahahaha

Thai staff trained in Japan... hahaha...

You made my day !

Can't stop laughing hahahaha

And in case you still don't know, ALL care care charge at least 25000 thb for glass coating.

But where are you replies to the initial questions ? So why commenting if you have nothing useful to tell ?!

You really are an entertaining person! Your posts are hilarious, albeit racist and snobbish (obviously your natural character).

On 8/5/2018 at 10:19 AM, Vacuum said:

Edit: Presonally, I think it's waste of money.

I mean the chemicals used by those shops are not Ceramic Pro (made in China, exported to Hong Kong and then sold world-wide) or Kubebond (made in China, exported to Malaysia and then sold world-wide). They use Threebond (made in Japan) or other proper chemicals which actually guarantee a better application and protection. A supercar is more expensive to coat as it takes much longer due to the body styling. More small panels, air intakes, etc. 

Modern paint technology for vehicles is so good that after-market treatments are simply a waste of time and money.

Time was, when one could use cutting compounds and an aftermarket treatment to spruce up a car. With modern clear-coats, no longer necessary.

Modern paint technology for vehicles is so good that after-market treatments are simply a waste of time and money.
Time was, when one could use cutting compounds and an aftermarket treatment to spruce up a car. With modern clear-coats, no longer necessary.

If your comment would be true, there would be no glass coating nor vinyl wrap companies right? But hey, you can nearly find them on every corner.. mmmm, why is that?
I can only answer for my own car, the paint was dull and scratched on many places and the front had a lot of damage from small stones impact. A wrap transformed my car into a jewel.

2 hours ago, luk AJ said:

If your comment would be true, there would be no glass coating nor vinyl wrap companies right? But hey, you can nearly find them on every corner.. mmmm, why is that?
I can only answer for my own car, the paint was dull and scratched on many places and the front had a lot of damage from small stones impact. A wrap transformed my car into a jewel.

You are so funny !

Why are these shops everywhere ? Because MANY people are stupid enough to pay for it !!!

And I do not believe that any $hit coating will be better than a Benz or BM paint which is far better quality than any jap $hit car.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

So true, just like many things sold for cars that are totally useless. Engine additives and other bull$hit...

But Somchai needs them to feel like he is driving the real sport car that he has never been and will never be able to buy, lazy a$$ that he is...

10 hours ago, luk AJ said:

How old is your car, and what make?

There's such a thing as too much cleaning and polishing. A friend of mine wanted his 10 yo Ford Focus detailed.

The people at the carwash polished so heavily they broke through the clear coat into the colour coat. Looks like it has been sandpapered.

As for your question, there are so many of those companies because :

1/ It's very profitable.

2/ There are people who want their car to look like a jewel. A lot of people.

3/  These companies have convinced the jewel car people their products are necessary.

Personally, I have never been obsessed about what my cars look like. I'm far more interested in having them in top mechanical condition.

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's such a thing as too much cleaning and polishing. A friend of mine wanted his 10 yo Ford Focus detailed.

The people at the carwash polished so heavily they broke through the clear coat into the colour coat. Looks like it has been sandpapered.

1/ It's very profitable.

3/  These companies have convinced the jewel car people their products are necessary.

Personally, I have never been obsessed about what my cars look like. I'm far more interested in having them in top mechanical condition.

Usually polishing a car often is good as it builds up layers. Using a machine polisher often is not a good idea though..My fun ride was polished by hand a zillion times with no issues..:stoner:

1/ It's very profitable.

See post 32

2 hours ago, transam said:

The bottom pic the ride looks 'orrible...?

Agree. It looks like a matt coat, and doesn't even have the reflectivity of the original coat. Perhaps the poster enjoys a hot climate. The suppliers have done a good job of providing him with a nearly perfect black body.

5 hours ago, luk AJ said:

It’s actually satin wrap, looks very nice.

Black is not a problem for the climate, this car has great insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As long as you are happy with it, no problem. Although I was not aware head linings on cars included insulation.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, gaff said:

And I do not believe that any $hit coating will be better than a Benz or BM paint which is far better quality than any jap $hit car.

Mercedes and BMW paint is of "far better quality than Japanese manufacturers paint"?  Really?  The depth of your lack of knowledge is astounding!

Archived