Car glass coating, worth paying 30000+ when a bottle costs less than 5000 ? Perfect Thai scam...

gaff

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ravip said:
18 hours ago, gaff said:

Right, its just something that everybody knows and very easy to compare, bring you $hit jap box on wheel and I bring my benz. How can people be so ridiculous to talk about what they will never be able to purchase is beyond understanding.

Do all owners of BMW & Mercedes have an attitude like yours?

Does it come after purchasing them, or the attitude makes you choose them?

Just askin' as I dont know...

over the years we had several Japanese cars (Honda and Toyota) and were quite happy with the overall quality.  there is also nothing wrong with Korean cars. before i bought the 7er Beamer i was ready to buy a Hyundai Genesis 90 (in Europe about half the price of a 7er but offering even more comfort for the rear seat passengers). unfortunately Hyundai Thailand is not importing this model.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

good price assumimg a proper job was done. i paid last year 65k to "blacken" our white Benz and now the Mrs is bitching and wants "her" car pure white again.

I had a gf back home who went from white to black and never got back. 

On 8/2/2018 at 11:34 PM, gaff said:
On 8/2/2018 at 5:54 PM, Lamkyong said:

please tell which model car do you own thats worth a  a few million Baht of vehicle??

S-class, but why ? it is not in topic, so it's useless to even ask.

You: "This is in my opinion pure scam for people who were not able to buy a nice car and have a to drive a cheap japanese car." 

You're telling a lot about yourself, braggart.

4 minutes ago, maximillian said:

You: "This is in my opinion pure scam for people who were not able to buy a nice car and have a to drive a cheap japanese car." 

You're telling a lot about yourself, braggart.

Nah, he's just a hi-so riding a Click.....?....

9 hours ago, Naam said:

good price assumimg a proper job was done. i paid last year 65k to "blacken" our white Benz and now the Mrs is bitching and wants "her" car pure white again.

Can you tell me where you did the benz ? I also have one that I might change the color soon also.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Naam said:

over the years we had several Japanese cars (Honda and Toyota) and were quite happy with the overall quality.  there is also nothing wrong with Korean cars. before i bought the 7er Beamer i was ready to buy a Hyundai Genesis 90 (in Europe about half the price of a 7er but offering even more comfort for the rear seat passengers). unfortunately Hyundai Thailand is not importing this model.

I love to hear and read about the bigoted tits,  usually only Americans or Thais who can not even describe the make of car they drive.  The last Benz was made in 1923 so either these people have a rare vintage specimen,  which I doubt,  or they don't have the ability to describe their Mercedes Benz vehicle correctly.

We keep getting this BS about how the German brands are so superior.

Fact 1. The bean counters started sharpening their pencils mid 1990's on the Mercedes brand.

Fact 2. Service and maintenance costs on the German brands are 2 - 3 times that of Japanese and Korean brands.

Fact 3. Compare the Kia Stinger against its Mercedes or BMW counterparts. It's embarrassing.

German brands are selling on prestige and past glories. They are not cost-competitive with the Japanese or Koreans, who can produce cars just as good. It's that simple.

Fact 1. The bean counters started sharpening their pencils mid 1990's on the Mercedes brand.
Fact 2. Service and maintenance costs on the German brands are 2 - 3 times that of Japanese and Korean brands.
Fact 3. Compare the Kia Stinger against its Mercedes or BMW counterparts. It's embarrassing.
German brands are selling on prestige and past glories. They are not cost-competitive with the Japanese or Koreans, who can produce cars just as good. It's that simple.

BMW has a 5y or 100k full service. Until then there is nothing to be paid at all (besides new tires.)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Only people without style care price and maintenance cost...

Poor you all, I wonder why you keep talking about what you know NOTHING ?!

4 hours ago, gaff said:

Only people without style care price and maintenance cost...

Poor you all, I wonder why you keep talking about what you know NOTHING ?!

Really. And many insecure people obsessed by their self-image buy the German brands.

The fact is the Japanese and Koreans have been producing better and cheaper vehicles since the early 2000's. I can't remember which model and year it was in that time frame; however, BMW had one vehicle where the list of quality defects occupied 36 pages. Unless one buys the top of the line model, most of the other vehicles are inferior. Remember the Mercedes A class that failed the moose test? Today's "C" class has the accountants' fingerprints all over it.

I've owned a Mercedes. Unreliable, and servicing costs were 2-3 times that of the so-called "Jap crap".

Shooting the messenger doesn't work. Try rebutting my statements with some facts.

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Really. And many insecure people obsessed by their self-image buy the German brands.

The fact is the Japanese and Koreans have been producing better and cheaper vehicles since the early 2000's. I can't remember which model and year it was in that time frame; however, BMW had one vehicle where the list of quality defects occupied 36 pages. Unless one buys the top of the line model, most of the other vehicles are inferior. Remember the Mercedes A class that failed the moose test? Today's "C" class has the accountants' fingerprints all over it.

I've owned a Mercedes. Unreliable, and servicing costs were 2-3 times that of the so-called "Jap crap".

Shooting the messenger doesn't work. Try rebutting my statements with some facts.

and bla bla bla...

talking again about buying the cheapest models..... pfffffff.....

I always owned benz and never had any problem with any ?

Japanese cars ? I don't know, the few times I tried to drive one I was feeling like driving a tractor at the farm, even the "top" specs camry and accor, hahaha, what a joke to even dare to compare them to the cheapest benz !

3 hours ago, gaff said:

and bla bla bla...

talking again about buying the cheapest models..... pfffffff.....

I always owned benz and never had any problem with any ?

Japanese cars ? I don't know, the few times I tried to drive one I was feeling like driving a tractor at the farm, even the "top" specs camry and accor, hahaha, what a joke to even dare to compare them to the cheapest benz !

3 hours ago, gaff said:

Sounds like you have never driven a Lexus, a Honda NSX, or a Nissan 370Z. I'll give the Germans one point - they have succeeded in brainwashing people into the belief they make the best cars.

I love to hear and read about the bigoted tits,  usually only Americans or Thais who can not even describe the make of car they drive.  The last Benz was made in 1923 so either these people have a rare vintage specimen,  which I doubt,  or they don't have the ability to describe their Mercedes Benz vehicle correctly.

Isn’t Mercedes-Benz supposed to be hyphenated?

Just sayin’...

14 hours ago, gaff said:

Can you tell me where you did the benz ? I also have one that I might change the color soon also.

Thanks.

North Pattaya left side of the ramp to the highway direction BKK.

Well a V8 anything would be cool, though the diesel auto I had was a very nice car, though think a bit low for the roads I sometimes have to deal with here..

Sorry to be off topic but I did contribute in previous posts :) if I would choose Benz, I would go for the C63 but if you want a good price-quality car the C43 would do. Assembled in Thailand, 6cyl twin turbo 500HP for around 4.2 milj. However the new BMW m5 stole my heart..

2 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

Sorry to be off topic but I did contribute in previous posts ? if I would choose Benz, I would go for the C63 but if you want a good price-quality car the C43 would do. Assembled in Thailand, 6cyl twin turbo 500HP for around 4.2 milj. However the new BMW m5 stole my heart..

I don't like BMW's...But for sure folk like 'em which is cool...?

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, gaff said:

Right, its just something that everybody knows and very easy to compare, bring you $hit jap box on wheel and I bring my benz. How can people be so ridiculous to talk about what they will never be able to purchase is beyond understanding.

There's only one person here saying ridiculous things at the moment and it's not me!  

Here's an example, "...bring you $hit jap box on wheel and I bring my benz".

Here's another, "How can people be so ridiculous to talk about what they will never be able to purchase is beyond understanding". 

Obviously you know nothing about my purchasing ability for anything but even if you did, and you were correct (you're not), there's nothing so ridiculous as your suggesting that because someone may not be able to afford something they cannot have a knowledgeable, informed opinion about it.  Your comparison of Mercedes paint in particular and "Japanese" paint quality in general is another example of how ignorant some people can be. 

Do you really think that Mercedes manufactures it's own paint exclusively or that it is, perhaps, supplied by a paint manufacturer that supplies almost every other brand in the market?

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, janclaes47 said:

We're all astonished at your superior knowledge about this topic, and about every other topic ever discussed on TV, but may be you would be so kind to give us some evidence to proof your claims, so that we all can improve our knowledge.

You want proof of my claim that Gaff's depth of lack of knowledge is astounding, which is what I commented?   Read his posts.

If you want proof that my suggestion that Merc paint is not better quality than Japanese manufacturers paint, why do you want proof from me?  Why not ask Gaff who brought up the daft claim in the first place that Merc's paint is better than "Japs" paint for his proof?  Or google it yourself.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There's only one person here saying ridiculous things at the moment and it's not me!  

Here's an example, "...bring you $hit jap box on wheel and I bring my benz".

Here's another, "How can people be so ridiculous to talk about what they will never be able to purchase is beyond understanding". 

Obviously you know nothing about my purchasing ability for anything but even if you did, and you were correct (you're not), there's nothing so ridiculous as your suggesting that because someone may not be able to afford something they cannot have a knowledgeable, informed opinion about it.  Your comparison of Mercedes paint in particular and "Japanese" paint quality in general is another example of how ignorant some people can be. 

Do you really think that Mercedes manufactures it's own paint exclusively or that it is, perhaps, supplied by a paint manufacturer that supplies almost every other brand in the market?

I would suggest the paint used is not in question, but the paint volume/thickness and clear coat maybe...

My chum bought a new March, l looked under the hood cos his battery failed to see two brown spots on the hood shut, on closer examination it was rust. Not a paint bubble but paint that for some reason had come off. The paint coating was so thin you could not even see the thickness of it...I thought at the time I hope the rest of the car was not the same...

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I would suggest the paint used is not in question, but the paint volume/thickness and clear coat maybe...

My chum bought a new March, l looked under the hood cos his battery failed to see two brown spots on the hood shut, on closer examination it was rust. Not a paint bubble but paint that for some reason had come off. The paint coating was so thin you could not even see the thickness of it...I thought at the time I hope the rest of the car was not the same...

I'd agree that the application of the paint is important but I'd also continue to suggest that the likes of DuPont, PPG, Nippon Paint, BASF, etc., all OEM paint suppliers to car manufacturers globally, do not supply superior paint to Merc and inferior paint to others and that their paint is comparable whether it is on a German car or a Japanese car. 

But, for the benefit of "Gaff" and "janclaes47", that's just me being rational and doing a bit of research, I know that that doesn't go down well here.

Archived