Car glass coating, worth paying 30000+ when a bottle costs less than 5000 ? Perfect Thai scam...

gaff

3 hours ago, transam said:

I would suggest the paint used is not in question, but the paint volume/thickness and clear coat maybe...

My chum bought a new March, l looked under the hood cos his battery failed to see two brown spots on the hood shut, on closer examination it was rust. Not a paint bubble but paint that for some reason had come off. The paint coating was so thin you could not even see the thickness of it...I thought at the time I hope the rest of the car was not the same...

this is what I mean, but some Mr-I-know-nothing-but-I-keep-talking will never understand how stupid they are...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News just in - South Korea is banning 20,000 BMW's from being driven unless it's to a centre for safety checks. The same problem affecting 300,000 BMW's in Europe. Apparently leaks of glycol into the exhaust gas recirculation unit is causing fires. Some parking lots in South Korea are refusing to accept a BMW. Enough said.

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

CARS
Kia recalls half a million vehicles in the U.S. due to airbag problem
By Trevor Mogg — Posted on June 11, 2018 - 12:20AM

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As did  every other vehicle manufacturer who sourced  airbags from Takata. Tell me something unusual.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

News just in - South Korea is banning 20,000 BMW's from being driven unless it's to a centre for safety checks. The same problem affecting 300,000 BMW's in Europe. Apparently leaks of glycol into the exhaust gas recirculation unit is causing fires. Some parking lots in South Korea are refusing to accept a BMW. Enough said.

BMWs are cheaply made cars made for people who cannot afford a Benz because maintenance cost is higher ❤️

This is why BM sells more cars than Benz in the world, because many people buy the cheapest German car that they can find.

Maybe the best Japanese cards are good also, but still, they miss the star in front ?

Only cars without start that I find acceptable are Porsche, but I am waiting to be very old to buy one ?

11 hours ago, Naam said:
On 8/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, gaff said:

Can you tell me where you did the benz ? I also have one that I might change the color soon also.

Thanks.

North Pattaya left side of the ramp to the highway direction BKK.

i passed it today. the company is called "world wrap".

data=iBepotaQq3R5miBFEsJ9wZ_ECfUfuDdZwYV

1 minute ago, Naam said:

i passed it today. the company is called "world wrap".

data=iBepotaQq3R5miBFEsJ9wZ_ECfUfuDdZwYV

Thank you, so it's the biggest around, 65000 for a S-class ?

I am not sure if anybody can do a good job but you seem expert enough to know that they did a good job on one of your car (jave you check thoroughly ?).

And do you know how much they will charge your wife ?to remove it ?

Thank you again.

ps: no more convertible benz for you, with the dog sat next to you ?

1 minute ago, Naam said:

are you for real? compare prices and weep. :cheesy:

I mean that many people (not you) buy BM because of the free BSI maintenance, then sell it before the end of 5 years.

I do not like to change things and do not care maintenance cost of what I buy, or I wouldn't buy them.

1 minute ago, gaff said:

Thank you, so it's the biggest around, 65000 for a S-class ?

I am not sure if anybody can do a good job but you seem expert enough to know that they did a good job on one of your car (jave you check thoroughly ?).

And do you know how much they will charge your wife ?to remove it ?

Thank you again.

ps: no more convertible benz for you, with the dog sat next to you ?

-our Mercedes is a CLS. an S-Class is for old people. we are only 68 and 75! 

-they did an excellent job.

-the price was 20k higher because i selected an expensive wrap.

-no idea what they will charge to remove the wrap but... ssshhh... don't tell anybody

because i think the Old Lady started to like the metallic blue-black.

-i never had a convertible Benz but a 12 cylinder BMW 850 (removable hardtop) and a Jaguar E-Type.

ps. my (two) dogs have never forgiven me that i sold the Jag but they liked the Austin Healy 3000 we recently had a look at.

newwer.gif

On 8/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, gaff said:

BMWs are cheaply made cars made for people who cannot afford a Benz because maintenance cost is higher ❤️

This is why BM sells more cars than Benz in the world, because many people buy the cheapest German car that they can find.

Maybe the best Japanese cards are good also, but still, they miss the star in front ?

Only cars without start that I find acceptable are Porsche, but I am waiting to be very old to buy one ?

Only cars without start that I find acceptable are Porsche...

Oooh... when I see the price of cars like Mercedes, BMW etc., I see stars even during daytime.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:37 PM, gaff said:

This is why charging 5000 thb labor for 1 day work of farmers (what else are they in a car care ?) who get 300 thb is over the top.

If you think it's so easy, buy the bottle for 5k and do it yourself??

or get it done by people who do this all day everyday and  have likely done it successfully on thousands of vehicles before for just 25k? 

Biz have overheads to cover well beyond staff wages you might have overlooked such as expensive rent, utilitys, materials, tools, insurance, taxes, accounting and other variables .... 

Does the owner not deserve to make a decent salary for his time and effort running the place ? 

If he risked/invested his own capital to start the business why would he not want a return on that too? 

If he took out a loan to open it he's got bank repayments to worry about on top of everything else

If you think 30k is too much, you are free to shop around for someone who will do it for less , are you not? 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Naam said:

-i never had a convertible Benz but a 12 cylinder BMW 850 (removable hardtop) 

The 8-Series 850i that you had was available with a removable hardtop...really?  What years were they produced or was it a custom build?

If you think it's so easy, buy the bottle for 5k and do it yourself??

or get it done by people who do this all day everyday and  have likely done it successfully on thousands of vehicles before for just 25k? 

Biz have overheads to cover well beyond staff wages you might have overlooked such as expensive rent, utilitys, materials, tools, insurance, taxes, accounting and other variables .... 

Does the owner not deserve to make a decent salary for his time and effort running the place ? 

If he risked/invested his own capital to start the business why would he not want a return on that too? 

If he took out a loan to open it he's got bank repayments to worry about on top of everything else

If you think 30k is too much, you are free to shop around for someone who will do it for less , are you not? 

Yeah, an oil massage is B400, yet the oil only costs B10. Let the pikers buy the oil and massage themselves....

1 hour ago, gaff said:

New 8-series should be available soon

Why are you confused by my comment?

He said he had an V12 850, he didn't say that he was going to get the new one (which won't be a V12).   The E31 V12 850(i) was not available with a removable hardtop and, unless he nicked the one prototype from the BMW museum, I wondered whether he had one custom built.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The 8-Series 850i that you had was available with a removable hardtop...really?  What years were they produced or was it a custom build?

custom by former owner. it was only a partial hardtop.

Archived