What Anti VPN detection software do you recommend?

watcharacters

I hope I  said that correctly.    

Many of us use VPNs daily  and we know sometimes sites detect our real VPN through  using a VPN detection  software.    

I still  often run into trouble  with Netflix saying Whoops  "you appear to be using a VPN/proxy  blocker".

I've searched for "anti VPN detection software but I'm not sure what would work for me.

I do use a Mac laptop  so  that may  be a consideration.

I found this site listing several possibilities but admit it's not all easily digestible for me:       https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/bypass-vpn-blocks-with-ease/

I think TOR requires a bit more computer skills than I pack.

What Anti VPN detection  software do you use and how does it impact your internet speed?

TIA

I have the same problem with BBCi. Occasionaly pops up with "Program unavailable in your region". This is because it has detected the VPN from it's IP address. It does this via an algorithm that calculates how many people are logging in from the same node.

Can't see how software on your PC could prevent this.

I use ExpressVPN and just try a few other UK nodes until I find one that the BBC hasn't detected yet.

After a few days I can usually go back to the original node, presumably Express VPN has changed the IP address of that node.

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I don't think there's anything that works. You could try to use tcp and port 443.

OK.   

Did you have a chance to read the link I posted?

There seems to be many who believe they manage to  avoid  VPN leakage.   

Have you tried any of the  discussed options such as Shadowsocks, Psiphon, or Surge?

I hate to give up easily and hope other members can relate their experiences.

18 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Did you have a chance to read the link I posted?

There seems to be many who believe they manage to  avoid  VPN leakage. 

Yes I did, but I believe the right answer was posted by Spidey.

Edit; There are also time measurements they can take; from where you actually are - the vpn server - your desired destination.

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes I did, but I believe the right answer was posted by Spidey.

Funnily enough when I read your post I did not see the one by Spidey.

I'll have to get back to this as I did see a site offering a  service  for a monthly charge that would block anti VPN detection software.   It was based i believe in  Denmark  where they touted the privacy laws as a come on for their service.     I have to find and  post that site and ask for reviews by TVF users.

I believe there must be a way to avoid that detection.   It's being done in China as we speak (write).

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I have to find and  post that site and ask for reviews by TVF users.

Better still review it yourself and let us know how you got on.

But don't blame us if you screw your computer up with dodgy software. ?

Even Google now knows I'm using VPN and sometimes makes me go through the "I'm not a Robot" nonsense because it "has noticed an unusual amount of traffic from your IP address".  Their ad serving algorithms really want to know where I am, I guess.  Another reason I try to use Duckduckgo whenever I can.

13 minutes ago, carlyai said:

There is a facility on VPN's to switch servers every few minuites, maybe using this will help confuse the target address. I've never tried it though.

Not sure if it's on all VPN's.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, carlyai said:

There is a facility on VPN's to switch servers every few minuites, maybe using this will help confuse the target address. I've never tried it though.

Not sure if it's on all VPN's.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Tor Guard's VPN has it, very easy to use.  Just select new city each time you log in, or change city when on line.  Im not sure if it has an alternating server city.  I just change manually.

21 hours ago, JTXR said:

Even Google now knows I'm using VPN and sometimes makes me go through the "I'm not a Robot" nonsense because it "has noticed an unusual amount of traffic from your IP address".  Their ad serving algorithms really want to know where I am, I guess.  Another reason I try to use Duckduckgo whenever I can.

"Their ad serving algorithms really want to know where I am, I guess."

Google's ads just follow me around with the corresponding  VPN location.

"Another reason I try to use Duckduckgo whenever I can."    I've started using Duckduckgo more and more.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:15 PM, Spidey said:

Better still review it yourself and let us know how you got on.

But don't blame us if you screw your computer up with dodgy software. ?

"But don't blame us if you screw your computer up with dodgy software.".

I can't imagine how I or anyone else could be so silly as to do such a thing.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 1:40 AM, Spidey said:

I have the same problem with BBCi. Occasionaly pops up with "Program unavailable in your region". This is because it has detected the VPN from it's IP address. It does this via an algorithm that calculates how many people are logging in from the same node.

Can't see how software on your PC could prevent this.

I use ExpressVPN and just try a few other UK nodes until I find one that the BBC hasn't detected yet.

After a few days I can usually go back to the original node, presumably Express VPN has changed the IP address of that node.

I have also been using ExpressVPN. And do the same steps

On 9/8/2018 at 3:15 AM, gaviny said:

I used both Expressvpn and Vpn unlimited to access Aussie sites with no problem for the last year , however for the last week only Ch9 on my android box detects that I am overseas but yet on my tablet it doesn't ...now that has me stumped.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you need to discuss any issue related to encryption with ExpressVPN support chat, they are quick to respond. I saw some good reviews about ExpressVPN before signup for e.g here https://www.criticthoughts.com/vpn/expressvpn-review/

They clearly state that ExpressVPN is running without any serious flaws and if any issue arises just contact to their live chat they will fix them up in no time. And, I did the same when i found one issue related to server connection and they fixed it quickly.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, gaviny said:

I used both Expressvpn and Vpn unlimited to access Aussie sites with no problem for the last year , however for the last week only Ch9 on my android box detects that I am overseas but yet on my tablet it doesn't ...now that has me stumped.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I had the same problem with BBC iPlayer. All other UK channels fine. Only had the problem on my laptop not my android tablet. Discovered that BBC use more sophisticated means of tracking your location than other channels, who generally just look at your server location.

Played around with my privacy/location settings and eventually solved the problem.

I can only assume that the tools BBC use to track your location aren't applicable to Android.

• 6 months later...

I'd like to access BBC occasionally - not enough to purchase a VPN.

But I have an internet connection in the UK and the modem is always on so I can watch my garden grow using the security cameras.

How possible is it to use that as a VPN?

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Long since gave up with bothering with VPNs as regards Iplayers etc etc

Subscribed to TV Mucho and if you do it annually its just £40 a year, You'll never use vpns again

I've been using the same Proxy service since May 2017 to stream IPlayer, BBC, AUS 7+ AUS 9, US TV, VUDU, Netflix US and other sources without fail and at an average cost of less than $1.05 a month including access to a free VPN when privacy is needed. I have streaming access on an unlimited number of devices at no additional cost.  Paying a subscription fee to a 3rd party streaming service for regional limited content that is available for "free" over the internet at lower cost options is not a good deal.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, tweedledee2 said:

I've been using the same proxy server for over 16 months and never once has it failed to stream US, UK or AUS TV, Netflix US, IPlayer and other providers.  

and...

On 3/18/2019 at 8:15 PM, tweedledee2 said:

I've been using the same Proxy service since May 2017 to stream IPlayer, BBC, AUS 7+ AUS 9, US TV, VUDU, Netflix US and other sources without fail and at an average cost of less than $1.05 a month including access to a free VPN when privacy is needed. I have streaming access on an unlimited number of devices at no additional cost.  Paying a subscription fee to a 3rd party streaming service for regional limited content that is available for "free" over the internet at lower cost options is not a good deal.

Maybe if/when you want to tell us about this again, you might mention what the name of this 'same proxy server' is. Otherwise how does it answer the OP's question?

I use EPIC browser to watch tv in the UK as it has a built in vpn with a British server. I use tvplayer.com to access the channels although last night I had no problems using bbc Iplayer. EPIC does tell you to restart frequently to stay safe (it is one of the most secure browsers available) so I presume it frequently changes the proxy servers IP address.

I recommend NordVPN , its only $2-$3 per month depending on the subscription.  Hundreds of servers there and you will always find one that works.  

As others have alread mentioned , BBC iPlayer can sometimes be difficult, but you just change server until you find one that works, the other UK channels are no problems. 

2 minutes ago, balo said:

I recommend NordVPN , its only $2-$3 per month depending on the subscription.  Hundreds of servers there and you will always find one that works.  

As others have alread mentioned , BBC iPlayer can sometimes be difficult, but you just change server until you find one that works, the other UK channels are no problems. 

Of the 30 countries tested, NordVPN was able to access six to access Netflix.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:45 PM, tweedledee2 said:

Paying a subscription fee to a 3rd party streaming service for regional limited content that is available for "free" over the internet at lower cost options is not a good deal.

Agreed. I'd pay for the subscription fee to a 3rd party streaming service that has all the premium stuff as well, including the box office sports, and live sporting events. Don't need a VPN to slow you down.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

and...

Maybe if/when you want to tell us about this again, you might mention what the name of this 'same proxy server' is. Otherwise how does it answer the OP's question?

In my first post, I wasn't addressing the OP's question, because I don't have a recommendation for any "Anti-VPN Detection Software" as the OP is inquiring about.  If you are using a VPN, it either works for the purpose that you need it for or doesn't.  But I do not know of any software that hides a VPN's detection and makes it work. 

My second post was a response to the other posters comment about subscribing and paying a fee to a 3rd party provider service to stream free internet content.  Paying 40 GBP annually, (which per their website is now 48 GBP yearly) to view only UK content isn't a bargain. He seems happy with his selection, so why publicly share the Proxy I use so he can save money.  

Now in response to your question, I ask you the same. How does your post address the OP's question?  How informative were your other 22,049 posts?

Archived