German dentist on Thappraya road?

giddyup

GERMAN DENTAL / Owner is Michael, competent and nice guy. He usually does first assesment and is always ready to meet.

Own lab in  house and all work guaranteed. Prices probably upper range, but well worth it. Very popular with expats and tourists who want European quality. Michael has been around for a very long-time! MS>

http://www.germandental.com/contact_de.html

• Like 1

Their prices are higher than a lot of other places in town.  Unless you need something done that will make use of their lab you might be able to do better.

Edited by lapd

25 minutes ago, lapd said:

Their prices are higher than a lot of other places in town.  Unless you need something done that will make use of their lab you might be able to do better.

I have already made an appointment at Bkk/Pattaya hospital today.

6 minutes ago, lapd said:

That is the most expensive of all. 

I need a root canal plus a couple of crowns and I get can get seen to immediately. I did go to Dr Warin but he's too busy.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I need a root canal plus a couple of crowns and I get can get seen to immediately. I did go to Dr Warin but he's too busy.

I'm sure they will do a good job but they are expensive.  A bonus with going to a hospital is they can probably sedate you if you want.  You are still semi consious and can respond to instructions, but you don't remember anything.  I always do that for anything major like root canal.  I can't get properly frozen so I don't have much choice.  Too painful otherwise.

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lapd said:

I'm sure they will do a good job but they are expensive.  A bonus is they can can probably knock you out if you want.  You are still semi consious and can respond to instructions, but you don't remember anything.  I always do that for anything major like root canal.  I can't get properly frozen so I don't have much choice.  Too painful otherwise.

I had root canal at Dr Warin's and he only injected the gum as he would for a filling, didn't feel a thing. What do they use to knock you out at Bkk/Pattaya? Had a couple of teeth extracted there and they didn't offer me anything other than the normal numbing injection.

Edited by giddyup

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I had root canal at Dr Warin's and he only injected the gum as he would for a filling, didn't feel a thing. What do they use to knock you out at Bkk/Pattaya? Had a couple of teeth extracted there and they didn't offer me anything other than the normal numbing injection.

For oral sedation they may use Lorazapam.  For intravenous they may use Midazolam or Propofol.

I had intravenous a couple times (not in Thailand) and I think they used Midazolam mixed with a little bit of Fentanyl.  They need to have a nurse present and monitor your respiration which is why only hospitals can do it, at least in Thailand.

Didn't remember anything.  Basically like being asleep with only vague dream like memories of stuff going on around you.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, lapd said:

For oral sedation they may use Lorazapam.  For intravenous they may use Midazolam or Propofol.

I had intravenous a couple times (not in Thailand) and I think they used Midazolam mixed with a little bit of Fentanyl.  They need to have a nurse present and monitor your respiration which is why only hospitals can do it, at least in Thailand.

Didn't remember anything.  Basically like being asleep with only vague dream like memories of stuff going on around you.

Thanks, I'll have to ask about that. Getting teeth extracted is what makes me nervous, don't mind fillings too much.

hello, what is the usual price for a root canal now ?

it's weird, few years ago a dentist told me that I needed one, then since I do not feel anymore.

Is it possible that a tooth is so totally dead that I do not feel anything ?

1 hour ago, gaff said:

hello, what is the usual price for a root canal now ?

it's weird, few years ago a dentist told me that I needed one, then since I do not feel anymore.

Is it possible that a tooth is so totally dead that I do not feel anything ?

Around 10,000 baht, can be more, depends where you go.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 9:13 PM, giddyup said:

Thanks, I'll have to ask about that. Getting teeth extracted is what makes me nervous, don't mind fillings too much.

I would be interested to know what they say about sedation, for future reference.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Bkk/Pattaya hospital offers gum injection only.

I guess I will have to go to Bkk or Phnom Penh.  I know there are places there that do sedation dentistry.

Edited by lapd

• 8 months later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, giddyup said:

Around 10,000 baht, can be more, depends where you go.

I had a root canal about 8 or 9 years ago at BKK / Pattaya, with a crown it was close to about 30K i think.

I wasn't that bothered about cost at the time as i was insured by work coverage.

I asked about getting sedated, not possible.