OGUK in BKK

starman_tom

On 4/19/2020 at 8:56 PM, merijn said:
On 4/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

Do you mean at OGUK at Bamrungrad ? How do you get this price? I don't know what @NanLaew is on about with YMMV as the price is fixed at this hospital. It was 3845THB when I did mine a couple years ago for the basic cheap option.

Yes the basic offshore medical at Bumrungrad. ( Doctor Vatana) As mentioned before the first time the tried charge a higher price and extra test but after i objected and provided them a list of which test was required they agreed and provided me the price around 2000 Baht . (i go there for almost 30 years so maybe that is a reason. i don't know)

@merijn being charged 2000 baht for the past 30 years at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

@WorriedNoodle being charged 3845 a couple of years ago at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

@NanLaew getting charged ~3400 baht, ~3600, baht and ~3800 in 2015, 2017 and 2019 respectively at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

53 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

@merijn being charged 2000 baht for the past 30 years at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

@WorriedNoodle being charged 3845 a couple of years ago at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

@NanLaew getting charged ~3400 baht, ~3600, baht and ~3800 in 2015, 2017 and 2019 respectively at Bumrungrad is YMMV.

Welcome to Thailand, Where the consistency is the non constituency.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Nope, that's not YMMV that's inflation. Same as I experienced at Bumrungrad on my last three OGUK's I have done there.

I will have to try @merjin s trick of negotiating the price to 2000 with them next visit but I am not expecting much, on my last bill for basic OGUK at 3845THB Vattanas doctor fee was 2000 to start with. They offered me two prices in the 3800 range (basic OGUK) or something in the 13,000 range (advanced OGUK) last time I asked, take it or leave it.

• 3 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled upon this old thread as I live in Thailand and need to renew my OGUK medical soon. 

As it's been nearly 4 years since the last post on this thread, is anyone able to confirm whether Bumrungrad is still a valid option or not? I can't seem to find it on the list of accredited doctors on the new OEUK/OGUK website https://oeuk.org.uk/doctors/find-a-registered-doctor/overseas-doctors/?country=thailand&region=overseas#038;region=overseas

Any feedback on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers