Millions of followers - farang in North Thailand a massive hit with the Thais

webfact

He seems to have assimilated considerably better to his host country than many who are financial migrants in Europe et al who are relying upon other taxpayers to support them and their relatively large extended families living elsewhere (and soon living next door).  He doesn't have a hand out by the looks of things. Germany is even paying for holidays for many newbies for a quick return trip home to countries fleeing.  

The work permit is stamped every year. One you've held a work permit for 3 consecutive years & been married for 3 years you can apply for Thai citizenship providing you're earning at least 40K Baht per month. Once you're a Thai citizen you don't need them of course. When I became Thai I handed it back.

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

So it couldnt just be restamped for a new job?  Seems wasteful as it was such a pain to get it to begin with... ?

It was supposed to be cancelled when you left the job and you would have needed to leave the country immediately, otherwise fines can be incurred. If it was 8 years ago however and you've been on many subsequent visas without running into trouble from immigration it may have slipped between the cracks, and after 8 years mentioning it could be inviting trouble. Lots of topics on this stuff in the visa thread and I'm not an expert on it, so better to ask on there. Here's an example:

On 8/12/2018 at 11:49 PM, lamyai3 said:

It was supposed to be cancelled when you left the job and you would have needed to leave the country immediately, otherwise fines can be incurred. If it was 8 years ago however and you've been on many subsequent visas without running into trouble from immigration it may have slipped between the cracks, and after 8 years mentioning it could be inviting trouble. Lots of topics on this stuff in the visa thread and I'm not an expert on it, so better to ask on there. Here's an example:

Thanks..yep as I've always returned and gotton my 30 day stamp at airport then made my usual visa run to Laos

On 8/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, CiaranKL said:

2000 euro a month

Hardly over the top.  There are rules and if you wish to be one a citizen then you follow them.  

Not sure if I get you. You mean they are withdrawing citizenship from every Thai that doesn't make 2000 Euros a month?

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Not sure if I get you. You mean they are withdrawing citizenship from every Thai that doesn't make 2000 Euros a month?

Mayve read the article and the replies.  I don't have time to explain to lazy people who haven't bothered to read the thread.  

• Haha 1