Beware the spooky Bangkok cabby "speaking in tongues"!

webfact

Beware the spooky Bangkok cabby "speaking in tongues"!

3PM_V.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Twitter was awash with comment after a user recounted their scary experience alone at night in the back of a Bangkok cab.

And now it has been confirmed that the driver has exhibited strange behavior before spooking customers.

There are fears there is a crazy occult obsessed cabby on the loose in the capital.

@CheezeBaek said they were travelling in the cab alone in the dead of night when the driver started "speaking in tongues" jabbering:

"Glua laew khrap - ja rong hai laew khrap" - that translates to: I'm scared - I think I am going to cry.

CheezeBaek was so spooked that they decided to call a friend but the jabbering got so loud that they could not even hear their pal on the other end of the line. The pal was freaked out too.

Near the destination the cabby intoned: "I'm scared. Scared of spirits. I think I am going to cry".

He then made the passenger deposit their fare in a "khan" (small ceremonial bowl) saying:

"I don't want to turn round because the spirit has got hold of my nose".

Netizen reaction was understandably rife. Many commented on the story saying that they had been in the same cab and had similar experiences.

One even posted a video of their close encounter of the spiritual kind, shared by Sanook in their report.

Others suggested that if the man is mentally unstable what is he doing offering rides in a public vehicle. Others feared assault saying that the driver if arrested would claim mental illness and get off punishment.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

3 hours ago, webfact said:

And now it has been confirmed that the driver has exhibited strange behavior before spooking customers.

There are fears there is a crazy occult obsessed cabby on the loose in the capital.

Spooking customers! Most Thai customers would jump if you just said the word 'ghost' to them!

Is there a chance he could be booked for a comedy festival, I think most ferangs would laugh at this sheet.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Others suggested that if the man is mentally unstable what is he doing offering rides in a public vehicle. Others feared assault saying that the driver if arrested would claim mental illness and get off punishment.

Ha ha! He's definitely unstable according to 'others', yet another group of 'others' claim he was the full Baht - in order to claim he wasn't - he's on a winner there!

6 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Seem to remember Regan being able to speak in tongues also .. So if crazy taxi man can levitate at least a foot off his bed maybe they best be sending for the local exorcist .. 

IMG_20180808_135204.jpg

If he can only levitate one of his feet off the bed, then I'd suggest he definitely needs exercising.

(sorry!)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Media1 said:

Only in Thailand 

You have never been in a Pentecostal church on Sunday, have you?

Grandma made me go to that church, because it was so close to the house.  She did not want me to walk the 1.25 miles to the Baptist church I preferred to go to.  

Not that I wanted to go to church.  Just that I preferred the Baptist over the Pentecostal  church after the first time she sent me there!

Edited by radiochaser

10 hours ago, thaimelody said:

Got in this cab just last week, totally incomprehensible.. he said things like:

I'll put the meter on if you don't mind

yes I know where that is

I'd rather not talk politics if you don't mind

light traffic today so won't be long

yes of course i'll help you with your bag

like I said he must be stopped!

Perhaps this cabby is a figment of your imagination--A true Ghost---cannot exist in LOS!