800,000 baht hypothetical

4 minutes ago, AbeSurd said:

It's called not putting all your eggs in one basket. For the amount of money concerned I wouldn't worry in my own country (UK) but I'm more cautious in Thailand.

Yes, good clarification.

It's about multiple accounts. They may be in the same bank or multiple banks.

Of course the officers would rather not to have the extra work, which is why using one account is recommended, but not required. 

1 minute ago, AbeSurd said:

It's called not putting all your eggs in one basket. For the amount of money concerned I wouldn't worry in my own country (UK) but I'm more cautious in Thailand.

Why?

Deposits of more than 800000Baht are covered in Thailand per Bank licence. (in UK approx. £75,000/bank licence)

So you think that if one Thai bank crashes the others would still be around and your other money would be OK but the "covered" money in the other bank was not?

If your 800000 is in a saving a/c with NO debit card and NO internet access what is the problem?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

stick their 800000Baht in it for the seasoning period and leave it alone.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I spend down from my 800K account. Then I top it up annually. To me and many other people that's better than never touching the 800K.

No one is disagreeing. 

It is the seasoning period that is inviolate. 

I just think mixing up the accounts and drawing down from and adding to the "seasoned a/c's" is fraught with danger, not a good idea for many reasons and has no practical or positive reason/justification.

PS;  These are of course only "hypothetical" discussions we are having!

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why?

Deposits of more than 800000Baht are covered in Thailand per Bank licence. (in UK approx. £75,000/bank licence)

So you think that if one Thai bank crashes the others would still be around and your other money would be OK but the "covered" money in the other bank was not?

If your 800000 is in a saving a/c with NO debit card and NO internet access what is the problem?

Individual differences. In Thailand you're more trusting than I am. What about money going 'missing' from an account?

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Please read the bottom line of my previous post.

There are other ways of money going missing. And, no, I don't want to list them here. Your nature is different from mine, let's leave it at that.

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I doubt many Thais ask for a bank letter for immigration.

It is 100 Baht at every bank I have ever requested the letter.

Try SCB, never been charged less than 200 Baht, 250 this year ? Bargain even at that inflated price, takes them forever, glad to get out!