Trump says firms doing business in Iran to be barred from U.S. as sanctions hit

webfact

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Infinitely. Massive downturn in institutional murder and torture, redistribution of wealth, making the man in the street better off' I think that the average man in the street would answer a resounding "Yes" to your question. Also, the scum of the country, SAVAK, upped sticks and left the country along with the Shah and now reside in a neighbourhood near you.

This is in stark contrast to the "evil dictators" that the US removed rather than supported. Saddam Hussein managed to get the opposing fractions ,Sunnis and Shiites, to live relatively peacefully alongside each other for many years and had the genuine support of the majority in Iraq but because he threatened Israel, no one else, the US decided to remove him. The country immediately dissolved into civil war and ISIS moved in (Hussein was one of the biggest enemies of Al Quieda and had successfully kept them out of Iraq).

Gaddafi had built a nation that was the envy of the Arab world with first class health care and education for all. He was loved by the people of Lybia. Since his removal, the country has been reduced to civil war and poverty.

What a load....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

45 is creating the right environment for coordinated resistance.

Other than in posters' fantasies, what effective "coordinated resistance" is on offer, internationally?

4 hours ago, the guest said:

If America wants to bar Iran no problem, but dictating to other countries he can go and f*** off !

It doesn't "dictate" anything. There's a choice to be made. Countries and governments are welcome to deal with Iran - at the cost of possibly losing trade with the US.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Other than in posters' fantasies, what effective "coordinated resistance" is on offer, internationally?

None. While the chattering classes in the media and on the net slobber and screech, their governments quietly remember the modern adage:

The only thing the holds back the darkness is the USA. Been there done that1917 1945 and the 1980s. 

As for me, I  was in My Bar in KK once and a guy says "you American mate?" 

Sure am.

Well your government sucks blah blah blah, what do you think of that?

Ok,wonderful. Can I buy you a beer? I'm retired. Any good Soapies here?

13 hours ago, Spidey said:

The thrust of it was, the average Joe in the street was relatively happy and had a reasonable lifestyle, now not so much

Very much dependant on what group the "average Joe" belonged to. if from a kurdish or Shiite background extremely doubtful. Also don't forget no freedom of speech during Saddam's dictatorship, same as Iran, if critical likely to end up in jail being tortured / murdered.

• Thanks 1