Man dragged out of Pattaya school by cops and soldiers all a "misunderstanding"

webfact

Man dragged out of Pattaya school by cops and soldiers all a "misunderstanding"

vc.jpg

video screenshot

Thai social media and television was abuzz with the story of a man who was dragged away from a school by police and soldiers.

He was at the school innocently having lunch with his two daughters.

Posters on Facebook were saying that he should sue the police and army for rough and illegal treatment.

10pm.jpg

video screenshot

The We Love Pattaya site said that police admitted it was a misunderstanding.

Thara Welajaeng, 35, was shown in a video yesterday evening after the Tuesday lunchtime incident. He was at a hospital sporting a head injury.

He explained that he had split up from his wife five years ago and for the last three years has had custody of the couple's two daughters.

His wife did not like that and rather than resorting to the courts to get justice had gone to Damrongtham, the government watchdog.

But this time according to a Facebook post she seemed to have gone a step further.

Knowing that her husband would be at the school where he went every lunchtime to protect his children from his wife she reported to the cops that he was mixed up in drugs and gun offences.

The cops seem to have taken this at face value sending a large contingent to Muang Pattaya School 6.

There in front of shocked teachers, students, parents and locals the authorities heavy-handedly took Thara into custody and put the children in care.

But later at Bang Lamung police station the cops were forced to accept they had made a big mistake. There was no evidence to link the father to either drugs or guns.

Whether a charge of providing false information is laid against the wife remains to be seen.

More about this as we hear of it.

Source: We Love Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope he sue the police and army for this 

all involved in this needs to be fired 

his X need to be changed of false statement and be put to prison 

she don't care about her own children, what a bich 

A gender change, perhaps? 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

split up from his wife five years ago and for the last three years has had custody of the couple's two daughters

Man deserves a God Damn Medal!
I hope for instant karma for the bitch who caused this and another slap on the wrist for the police and army.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope he sue the police and army for this 

all involved in this needs to be fired 

his X need to be changed of false statement and be put to prison 

she don't care about her own children, what a bich 

I would disagree that anyone should be fired, they were only responding to the information they were given that the suspect had a history of drugs and guns and was with school children. If it were my kids there, I would hope that the first consideration would be to constrain the suspect and then worry about the details afterwards. That the suspect was injured while being restrained is unfortunate. That is the way of the world; in first world countries he would likely have been tazzed with a possibility of being shot.

It was either a well calculated phone call from the ex-wife or it worked out a lot better than expected. Regardless, she should be held responsible for all these events, she is the one that should be punished for these events.

IMO of course.......................:thumbsup:

A post discussing moderation has been removed.

If you are seeing Thai text and no videos you are probably using Firefox which has problems with some video formats, try viewing the page in another browser 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I would disagree that anyone should be fired, they were only responding to the information they were given that the suspect had a history of drugs and guns and was with school children. If it were my kids there, I would hope that the first consideration would be to constrain the suspect and then worry about the details afterwards. That the suspect was injured while being restrained is unfortunate. That is the way of the world; in first world countries he would likely have been tazzed with a possibility of being shot.

It was either a well calculated phone call from the ex-wife or it worked out a lot better than expected. Regardless, she should be held responsible for all these events, she is the one that should be punished for these events.

IMO of course.......................:thumbsup:

Well i total;ly disagree with your comments,.

It is clear to me you have never been involved with a twisted/ evil / lying woman.

There are some wicked spiteful, twisted women who go to the police and spin a pack of lies, accompanied by the full shrieking waterworks, and the police fall for the story hook line and sinker.

The poor man then has no chance, i know i have an ex- wife here who did the same.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

It is clear to me you have never been involved with a twisted/ evil / lying woman.

There are some wicked spiteful, twisted women who go to the police and spin a pack of lies, accompanied by the full shrieking waterworks, and the police fall for the story hook line and sinker.

The poor man then has no chance, i know i have an ex- wife here who did the same.

:smile: I think you need to read my previous post again, I fully agree that she is an evil bitch and is responsible for all the events.

My post was made in defense of the police and army, acting on the information given to them (none of us know what was actually said to the authorities by the ex-wife) and the priorities they were faced with. What should they do, wait to clarify the story, or to ensure the safety of the school children in the area, given the fact that the suspect could be both armed and high on drugs?

Without knowing what was reported by the ex-wife, I think the authorities acted correctly, albeit slightly strong handed. But that is only my opinion and if in their shoes, the action I would have taken (obviously depending on what they were told).

This unfortunately is the way of the world now-a-days, certainly not just Thailand, SOP is that the police need to act first and clarify later for immediate threats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, if I report to the police tomorrow that you are involved in drugs etc, you will not object if the police call at your house and, in front of all your neighbours, haul you out of bed and cart you off to the police station.  As long as, later on, they claim it was all a "misunderstanding, as they only have to "worry about the details afterwards".

As a previous poster said, the difference between the way in which this  innocent guy was treated and the way in which higher profile people are treated is astounding.  Some  well-connected people, suspected  of major crimes, are often "invited" to call in at their convenience to answer a few questions, whereas this guy is merely thrown into the back of a pick-up, when the police have no evidence against him at all, but have just relied on a message accusing him of a crime.  Perhaps, we should all start sending the police messages about people we do not like, so that we can witness their humiliation?

Slightly different scenario that you present. If it was reported that I was possibly armed, involved with drugs and surrounded by school children, and posing a possible immediate threat, then I would understand. I would be upset, but I would understand.

Just now, chrisinth said:

Slightly different scenario that you present. If it was reported that I was possibly armed, involved with drugs and surrounded by school children, and posing a possible immediate threat, then I would understand. I would be upset, but I would understand.

Of course you would!  And so would all your neighbours, many of whom might say, "where there is smoke, there is fire"!  Unfortunately, mud sticks.

• Like 1

A simple question to the school would have produced the result "He comes every day to have lunch with his children".

He should take the cops and the army to task on this.  Stupid, idiotic, incompetent, a child could have handled it better.

• Like 2

So wrong on so many counts. I hope this guy sues the @ss off his ex and the cops. If this was the west the distress caused to the kids alone watching their father being beaten at that age must be horrifying. Not much chance of this b!tch seeing the kids for a long long time.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nothing unusual about this case, police listen to the first BS story and jump in, without checking facts, or whether there is any truth in the story.

Get stuck in Thara sue the bar stewards for assault, false arrest, get a good lawyer.

The Thai brain has trouble focusing on things. Instead of checking out the story first go in bash kick whatever ask questions later? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

thank you for answer for me and I agree with you 

• Like 1