A Couple Survives Extreme Crash

snoop1130

A Couple Survives Extreme Crash

by CityNews

38731243_1110832262398470_1889693728004636672_n.jpg

CityNews – A couple survived an extreme crash.

On the morning of August 8th, a pick-up truck transporting fish crashed into a tree on its way from Chiang Mai in Ban Mae Wan, Doi Saket district. 

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/couple-survives-extreme-crash/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-8-8

Either these pick-ups must be made of cardboard OR, more likely, it was going at a hell of a speed to end up like that.  Obviously, crashes happen in every country but I have rarely seen such mangled wrecks as I have seen time and time again in Thailand. 

Perhaps, when the driver falls asleep at the wheel, there is an automatic knee-jerk reaction to put more pressure on the accelerator, although one might have expected  that, with sleep, there would normally be a relaxed touch, thereby reducing speed.

6 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Either these pick-ups must be made of cardboard OR, more likely, it was going at a hell of a speed to end up like that.  Obviously, crashes happen in every country but I have rarely seen such mangled wrecks as I have seen time and time again in Thailand. 

Modern vehicles are designed (for safety reasons) to deform/disintegrate in order to dissipate the huge forces often created in a crash, whilst having a very strong protective frame around the occupants' area. It's the technology which was originally in single seater race cars e,g. Formula 1 & IndyCars. Obviously there is a point in the design at which the laws of physics take over, & the wearing of seatbelts by both front & rear cabin passengers is another crucial aspect of minimising injury or increasing survival chances.

Like you, I have never seen so many mangled vehicles as I have over here in Thailand - generally speaking car driving/bike riding awareness &  standards are pi$$poor!

Edited by Pesky