Letter of consent for children to leave Thailand

Hi all,

My ex-wife (Thai) wants to take our two kids on a trip to Denmark.

She will apply for visas at Danish embassy in Bangkok for her and the kids on their Thai passports.

My name is noted on their Thai birth certificates.

I know that she will need a letter of consent to be able/allowed to take the kids out of Thailand.

Will just a letter typed/written and signed by me, with copy of my passport, in English, suffice for this purpose?

Is there anything else or more that would be required from me to enable her to take that trip with my kids?

I am not Danish nor do I live in Denmark.

Thanks for any replies!

Worth making sure you include a working phone number. If there are concerns or questions then you can be contacted. 

These are important checks to try to reduce the risk of abduction and/or trafficking so the inconvenience is a small price to pay.

There may be questions on arrival in Denmark so try to be available at the arrival time as well.

Do you think it would be a problem leaving Thailand or entering Denmark?

My wife regularly travels with our daughter who has a different national passport, different name, and does not look Asian at all and has no problems leaving Thailand without any letters. And they have not had problems entering any country where I have been living (Abu Dhabi previously and currently Maldives).

On 8/8/2018 at 6:54 PM, arminbkk said:

I am not Danish nor do I live in Denmark.

So you are not in Denmark nor in Thailand.

That might complicate things.

Normally there would be form to be signed/witnessed at the local Thai district office (amphoe).

21 hours ago, bobrussell said:

There may be questions on arrival in Denmark so try to be available at the arrival time as well. 

You have overlooked the above.

Thanks for the replies.

My ex wife later explained that the Danish embassy requires her to also submit such form issued by the Thai embassy for her visa application.

So I obtained such letter from the Thai embassy, signed and stamped by them.

I sent it to her and also included a signed letter from myself giving consent, just in case.

I suppose she will have to have the embassy letter translated and legalized, to submit to the Danish embassy.

I did my part. ?

Again thanks for the replies.