€most Users Ever Online Was 2,574 On 2007-01-18 01:04:35

srisatch

And this is disturbing, why?

Well I can think of endless reasons..the least of which is that you ask why it is disturbing! I like to think that at 01.00 my co-habitants of the Orient are either tucked up, because they have families to care for, children to go to school or work to be gone to, in a few hours or up to no good, so good for them, in the early hours of a Thursday morning. What would it take to disturb you at that time of day? Any way What WERE YOU doing then? Bit snide and a bit coy!

Well I can think of endless reasons..the least of which is that you ask why it is disturbing! I like to think that at 01.00 my co-habitants of the Orient are either tucked up, because they have families to care for, children to go to school or work to be gone to, in a few hours or up to no good, so good for them, in the early hours of a Thursday morning. What would it take to disturb you at that time of day? Any way What WERE YOU doing then? Bit snide and a bit coy!

Who are you? The curfew enforcer? Amazing! Apart from the fact that some TV members live in other time zones, so what if members want to be online at 1am. They're adults! And, being a saddo, I probably was in bed, before you ask what I was doing... :o

You have got to consider that not all Thaivisa members live in Thailand- it is accessible to anyone worldwide in any time zone. At 1 AM in Thailand, it is between 6 and 9 PM across Europe, where many members live. It would be between 10 AM and 1 PM in the US. Thaivisa rocks 24 /7!

As for myself, I am in Thailand, have none of the above that you described. I'm not much of a drinker, so I am often online at 1 AM instead of in a bar!

Edit- and yes, when I go to bed, I will often leave forum windows open on my computer, which I never shut down / disconnect.

Edited by bino

Who are you? The curfew enforcer? Amazing! Apart from the fact that some TV members live in other time zones, so what if members want to be online at 1am. They're adults! And, being a saddo, I probably was in bed, before you ask what I was doing... :o

What time is it anyway?

I checked (might have been missing something!). I was asleep!

1 AM? What were the other 38,000 or so 'members' doing? And why were they not 'Online'?

Keep in mind that some (many) members sign up and don't return after they research visa info, or end their stay in Thailand. Some are spam bots, and some have been "retired". Certainly nowhere near 40,000 members are active. Thats just the number of signups after four and a half years in existance.

What's telling is the post count. It took four years for the first million, and in a only couple months over 100,000 have been added again.

Current stats:

Our members have made a total of 1,118,724 posts

We have 40,692 registered members

The newest member is overrun

Most users ever online was 2,714 on Yesterday, 2007-02-06 18:41:31

That would have been just after admin sent out the news flash yesterday about Bangkok having 2 international airports.

Yeah..the time zone thing is obvious. Just goes to show one lives in a time capsule in LOS!

Boringly I think the number of topics and posts generated by forum members is pretty incredible.

My only gripe is that a large% of people seem to have no other sphere into which to vent their spleen, and that IS disturbing