dashcam review blackvue dascam vs thinkware dashcam, which one do you prefer ?

gaff

7 hours ago, topt said:

It seems more about facts that no other dashcam can do all what these ones can do.

I don't have any special criteria, I just want the best.

Its a good question,

I am trying to make the same decision.  As a driver of a car, apparantly one is always in the wrong when it comes to motorcycles.

I hope that if a serious one happens from mc stupidity I will have it all covered, 

the most common cause of mc crashes on me have been when they cut up my car in traffic, or try to cut me up on corners, don't know why they think cars need to slow on corners?

Any thoughts on this, I am not sure if it should be a mirror cam or front and back for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manchega said:

Its a good question,

I am trying to make the same decision.  As a driver of a car, apparantly one is always in the wrong when it comes to motorcycles.

I hope that if a serious one happens from mc stupidity I will have it all covered, 

the most common cause of mc crashes on me have been when they cut up my car in traffic, or try to cut me up on corners, don't know why they think cars need to slow on corners?

Any thoughts on this, I am not sure if it should be a mirror cam or front and back for me

How many motorbikes have you hit?From the tone of your post it makes it sounds like this is frequent occurrence for you.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manchega said:

Its a good question,

You don't slow down at corners? In any event, this is Thailand, motorcycle riders will continue to "cut you up" so you have to be extra vigilant and be ready to act accordingly!

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

How many motorbikes have you hit?From the tone of your post it makes it sounds like this is frequent occurrence for you.. 

...from the tone of your post you seems to be one of this Kamikaze Mb drivers???

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

How many motorbikes have you hit?

One. The guy riding it had an artificial leg. He shouldn't have been driving. Thankfully my dashcam proved I was in the right, or I'd have been paying out. After viewing my dashcam video the cop decided that the guy I hit should pay a fine of 1,400 Baht. They then cancelled that after his pleading/wai-ing on how poor he was and couldn't pay. What a load of bo****iks.

Edited by Rally123
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, manchega said:

Its a good question,

7 hours ago, Saraphee said:

My mirror cams fit over the existing rear view mirror and have both front and rear facing cameras.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I do hope you realize that which one is the best depends on your criteria...

The best cam for you might be the worst for me... for example i didnt want my speed being recorded cause i am a fast boy, if you are not you might want that in there.

I guess it is difficult to guess that the best dascam have an option to disable speed and GPS tracking ?

And still, they will have a better video quality than anything you were thinking was better for you.

I must be a genius ?

2 hours ago, gaff said:

I guess it is difficult to guess that the best dascam have an option to disable speed and GPS tracking ?

And still, they will have a better video quality than anything you were thinking was better for you.

I must be a genius ?

Yes, you must be a genius to buy a dashcam with functions you dont want.

Maybe you can also get one in solid gold with diamonds on it, just in case you want that and if not... then no harm done, right?

Genius... ?

• Haha 2