removal of nonthaburi office

Today, there was a notice shown in this office and an officer reminded me once again when i take a 90 days form.

http://nonthaburi.immigration.go.th/en/2018/08/07/ประกาศย้ายที่ทำการใหม่/

INFORMATION

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดนนทบุรี ประกาศย้ายที่ทำการใหม่ตั้งแต่วันที่ 27 สิงหาคม 2561

google translate

Immigration Nonthaburi Announced relocation from August 27, 2018.

Edited by wilkis333
info update

1 hour ago, gkroo said:

Thanks for this info,looks more convenient that being out in the boondocks as before !! is anyone able to provide an easy directions map in english as the one supplied is all in Thai. Thanks

According to a the QR code for the GPS location this should be a map to it. https://goo.gl/maps/6Pme6reACK62

image.png.d790241d163706555167e41029ca820e.png

33 minutes ago, mike324 said:

This new location isn't any better. In fact its worse if you are trying to get a taxi. I suppose its only a short 20 minute car ride from Bangkok when there is no traffic via the tollway.

If I understood the info correctly the new office is just off Nakhon Inn road,

should be plenty of taxis there, virtually around the clock.

22 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

That is the road shown on the map I posted a link to with a screenshot of the area near it.

42 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I go there quite often, its on one of the main highways, no taxi around. But I suppose when the immigration moves there, taxis from nearby will go wait for customers there.

Weird.

Nonthaburi Marine Dept used to be along the same road (same side).

I frequented that office a lot before it moved.

Every time I went there, lots of taxis, (probably more on the other side of the road though).

This is about halfway between the river and 4-yaek Ratchapruk x Nakhon Inn, (just west of Bang Kruai sai Noi).

When I go; ample supply of taxis. Maybe the taxis shy away when you are in the vicinity. In LoS anything is possible.

(I at least, am comfortable with the move.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just visited this new Nonthaburi Immigration Office this morning for the first time, and it went well.  I brought up the location on Google Maps, comparing it with the info ubonjoe shared (above), and my wife studied it a bit and wrote out brief address directions in Thai on an index card for me to show the taxi driver.

The driver understood, and I also had a Google Map route open on my phone.  Coming from the direction of the Rama 5 Bridge on Nakhon Inn Road (1020) the U-turn was easy (and it was before having to enter the middle of the traffic circle at the big intersection).  After doubling back, there was a small sign on the side of the road saying “Nonthaburi Immigration”, just like ones for the old location. 

The soi turning off Nakhon Inn Road to the office was surprisingly narrow.  (I’m not sure if the Google Maps depiction of this very last turnoff was completely accurate.  At least it seems to show a different soi going to the office than that posted by ubonjoe, above.  My taxi driver took the soi shown by ubonjoe, which is a little bit farther along to the east than the Google one, and when that soi comes to a “T” the office was on the left like in the photo above.  From the office area, I did not see any indication of a soi on the other side, to the west, as shown by Google Maps, but I may have missed it.) 

I paid the taxi driver and let him go, because I wanted to experiment and see how hard it would be to get another taxi for my return.  No taxis were in sight at the office area when I arrived or when I was finished.  I just walked the 200 meters back to Nakhon Inn Road.  (Again, a very narrow soi.)  Before I reached the main road I saw a taxi driver standing at the head of the soi waiting with his taxi nearby.  He was obviously waiting for customers from immigration.  A second taxi was similarly parked along the main highway.  I might not be that immediately lucky on future visits, but I’ll just bring an umbrella and not worry about it. 

The new immigration center is spacious.  It seems they have separate rooms for various tasks, such as Extensions, etc., not like the old center where everything was crowded into one room.  The 90-Day Report office was on the second floor and had plenty of seats.  I waited about 10 minutes and then was quickly processed. 

I’m encouraged.  That old center so far away in the rice fields was a hell-hole and hard to get to.  I remember standing for an entire hour waiting for a 90-Day Report while standing shoulder to shoulder in a packed crowd like a sardine.  The visit after that was better – I only had to stand waiting for 50 minutes in the tight pack.  This new center gave me room to sit and relax.  Not too bad for a bureaucracy. 

I was there today. Huge building compared to the old one, excellent facilities.

From where I came (Ratchapruk south) it was very well sign posted.

I did a transfer of stamps into new passport, about 1 hour - no fees.

At the old office when I did my ext stay in August I asked in detail what papers were needed for new passport.

I had everything rebroy, but of course, in the new office they wanted it differently.

Nobody in the new office wore uniform, everybody in light blue t-shirts/polo-shirts and various pants.

At the old office everybody wore uniform.

And the whole crew is different from the crew in the old office.

Will do my 90-day in 3 weeks time, hopefully it will be a pleasant experience.

4 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

can i describe its location to taxi driver that is near Central Plaza westgate? Can we get it easy if we arrive in central plaza westgate first?

no, you can not

it would be kinda easier if you said where you come from

here is one;

go south on  Ratchapruk from Rattanatibet

in 4-yeak Nakhon inn, make a left

follow signs, the office is off to the left

if you come from amp muang on the eastern side of the river,

use saphan phra ram 5 to cross the river, drive straight on

in 4-yeak Ratchapruk make a U-turn and then continue as above

7 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

no, you can not

it would be kinda easier if you said where you come from

here is one;

go south on  Ratchapruk from Rattanatibet

in 4-yeak Nakhon inn, make a left

follow signs, the office is off to the left

if you come from amp muang on the eastern side of the river,

use saphan phra ram 5 to cross the river, drive straight on

in 4-yeak Ratchapruk make a U-turn and then continue as above

i start my journey from muang thong thani. Thanks

19 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

can i describe its location to taxi driver that is near Central Plaza westgate? Can we get it easy if we arrive in central plaza westgate first?

central plaza westgate

1) stay away from Kanchanapisek

2) get onto Rattanathibet road, when you get to 4-yeak Ratchapruk, make a right

3) when you get to 4-yeak Nakhon in, make a left

4) follow signs

2 minutes ago, wilkis333 said:

i start my journey from muang thong thani. Thanks

ok

then you go Chaeng Wattana west

use Saphan Phra ram 4 to cross the river

continue on Chayapruk till you get to 4-yeak Ratchapruk, there make a left on to Ratchapruk

and then straight on until 4-yeak Nakhon in (quite a stretch),

make a left on Nakhon in. follow signs

(there are shorter routes, but the above should be close to idiot proof - unless the taxi driver is daft)

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lujanit said:

Wow, this great for me.  Only ten minutes from where we live.

Me too (the only ten minutes from where I live)....but unfortunately that 10 minute drive starts at my western Bangkok home (i.e., not a Nonthatburi address) which means I must continue to go to Cheang Wattana.  

• 3 weeks later...

my today exp ,take mrt at chatuchak park and head for tao boon (change to purple line) Then,get off in yaek tiwonon (purple mrt line exit 3). For above journey, the Total amount is 30 baht per head.And then,take the taxi to nonthaburi immigration .(150baht)

Next time,i will get off in ministry of health mrt(purple line/exit 2).  The taxi fare should be 70.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, gkroo said:

Did my 90 days this morning and used UbonJoe,s reference   https://goo.gl/maps/6Pme6reACK62 & GPS co-ords punched into my Sat Nav, no problems at all with the journey taking half the time from the old location. Second floor,room 203, got there at 0900 & I was the only one doing a 90days and whole process took exactly 2 mins, bloody amazing !!!!!

Can you do yearly extension 45 days early at the new office?