UK Tourist Visa

My first post on here. After visiting Thailand on a visa exempt status twice, to see my partner, I have bitten the bullet , decided move over there, and today got my 60 day tourist visa - issued at the Liverpool UK  Thai Consulate  with a view to convert to retirement visa when arrive. The Visa is valid from today until 9 November 2018 (max 60 day stay) - BUT I believe I can extend it by 30 days when I am there for 1900 bht which will give me ample time to open bank account for retirement visa deposit (800,000 bht)

I would like to know, am purchasing a return ticket this weekend (return,  to comply with Thai entry regs)  BUT will I be  permitted entry if the return date is 90 days after arrival before I apply for extension ? 

Maybe a simple question but the visa regulations there make my head spin - along with all the different interpretations ( And Siam Legal confused me even more)

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

17 minutes ago, GoodisonPark said:

I would like to know, am purchasing a return ticket this weekend (return,  to comply with Thai entry regs)  BUT will I be  permitted entry if the return date is 90 days after arrival before I apply for extension ?

You do not need to have an onward/return flight if travelling with a visa. Immigration do not, as a rule, ask to see onward/return flights.

5 hours ago, GoodisonPark said:

The Visa is valid from today until 9 November 2018 (max 60 day stay) - BUT I believe I can extend it by 30 days when I am there for 1900 bht which will give me ample time to open bank account for retirement visa deposit (800,000 bht)

You should not need to do the 30 day extension. You only need the money to be in the bank on the day you apply for the change to a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.  When you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement is when the 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 60 days.

You'll be entering on a TV, but want to apply for a retirement extension (not a Visa) at local Immigration.

Extensions are only possible from Non Imm type Visas, but you can convert your TV into a Non Imm O at Immigration, then obtain the extension later.

Brief procedure here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

It may appear complicated, but once you get to grips with the procedures and documents required (and the Thais do love their paperwork)then it's fairly straightforward.