Phuket In June (big Monsoon ?

I am going with my family in phuket on june, after a couple of days, we are moving to phi phi.

What I can expect in phuket due the monsoon ? imposible to swimm in beaches ?

any advices ? better move directly to phi phi.

I cant change the schedule, and I want to go phi phi because I love it, but in all the flights schedule I must be one night in phuket

thanks

Xavier

You shouln't have any problems. The main rainy season here is September/ October. June can have days of rain (and when it rains it rains-no strolling in the rain here). June also has many days of beautiful weather. It's not the best time to swim - there is an undertow at most beaches, but close to shore it is OK. And if it does rain, there are just a few spots to have a cold beer.

Good luck, you'll enjoy Phuket.

actually I DO NOT really understand WHY you think u HAVE to go PHUKET b4 going PhiPhi. Alternative (especially if having children along) would be KRABI. Reasonable priced flight connections (or do you really wanna take the bus down to south?) and - most important - less crowdy there. Beaches maybe not that good as Phuket (Kata, Karon, wherever) but simply take a longtail-boat (10-30 mins.) to some island opposite AoNangBeach (30 mins. outside Krabi town and airport). I promise you will enjoy! Furthermore I feel somehow sorry for you that you want to go PhiPhi too. The most unwelcome and expensive island I ever saw in Thailand (and I have got some 18 yrs of Los travel experience...). Lucky to have water, lucky to have reasonable priced bungalows or hotel rooms, lucky to miss your (over-prices) trip to "The Beach" ... unless you wish to watch millions of Japanese tourists...nevertheless, beaches at PhiPhi are unbelievable beautful....

have a nice trip anyway...