EC tracking political activity at home and abroad

webfact

EC tracking political activity at home and abroad

elec.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 16th August 2018 (NNT) – The Election Commission (EC) has begun tracking political activities both domestically and abroad as it prepares to hold general elections, with the Deputy Prime Minister for Legal Affairs asking only that political parties act in accordance with the law. 

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Kreau-ngam declined to comment on fellow Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan’s remark that the “Three Companions” group can engage in political activities because it is not a political party, asking only that the media not draw its own conclusions and create an unfounded precedent. 

Former EC Chairman Supachai Somcharoen said this week that following a call from the Prime Minister for the commission to monitor political parties' activities both at home and abroad, the EC has begun collecting information. He elaborated however that no action can be taken by the EC as it is not yet the election period, giving an assurance the body will only act within its authority. He declined to comment on the moves of some political groups at this time.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-16

"...Former EC Chairman Supachai Somcharoen said this week that following a call from the Prime Minister for the commission to monitor political parties' activities both at home and abroad, the EC has begun collecting information..."

Er... Ahem... Oh...

Exactly how many representatives does the EC have abroad to collect information? I would guess... none? So, any information collected would come from the Junta government? Puuuuuleeeeeeze!

"...Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Kreau-ngam declined to comment on fellow Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan’s remark that the “Three Companions” group can engage in political activities because it is not a political party, asking only that the media not draw its own conclusions and create an unfounded precedent. .."

"Not draw its own conclusions?"..."Create unfounded precedent?"

Just when I think I could not possibly hear greater, more ridiculous nonsense out of the mouth of a human being, the Junta rides in and proves me wrong.

Wow.

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Former EC Chairman Supachai Somcharoen said this week that following a call from the Prime Minister for the commission to monitor political parties' activities both at home and abroad, the EC has begun collecting information..."

Er... Ahem... Oh...

Exactly how many representatives does the EC have abroad to collect information? I would guess... none? So, any information collected would come from the Junta government? Puuuuuleeeeeeze!

"...Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Kreau-ngam declined to comment on fellow Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan’s remark that the “Three Companions” group can engage in political activities because it is not a political party, asking only that the media not draw its own conclusions and create an unfounded precedent. .."

"Not draw its own conclusions?"..."Create unfounded precedent?"

Just when I think I could not possibly hear greater, more ridiculous nonsense out of the mouth of a human being, the Junta rides in and proves me wrong.

Wow.

I have no idea what to say anymore either.  Everyday the unfathomable becomes part of the record.  This is why junta supporters are confined to the use of emoji's   They can no longer defend the junta's actions.  Prawit and the junta are an abomination of civil society, not its savior

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Former EC Chairman Supachai Somcharoen said this week that following a call from the Prime Minister for the commission to monitor political parties' activities both at home and abroad, the EC has begun collecting information.

A very curious call - Prayut directing the EC to begin to monitor political parties' activities.

One would think that the EC being an independent agency as set forth in the Constitution will decide on its own when to begin its responsibilities and the EC should have told Prayut as such. But Prayut by his call made clear to the EC that he will be overseeing their responsibilities and the EC by complying shows it considers itself respondent to Prayut's oversight!

In view of various pro-military political parties' interest in Prayut being their PM candidate in the next election (not ever disavowed by Prayut), this close relationship between Prayut and the EC poses a serious conflict of interest in the EC's conduct of the next election that damages the integrity of the EC to conduct a fair election.

Archived