"Brand New" Red Ferrari slams into tree after collision on Friendship Highway

webfact

Incredible deductions made here from a news item with very little detail.

The old chestnut/ obsession about willy size even made a bizarre appearance.

I've never driven any kind of high performance vehicle, but suspect that given

the reins of a Ferrari, I too would be off the road in similar fashion.

Those people citing speed as a factor, any car hitting that free at high speed

would be in a far worse state than the photos suggest.

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

Incredible deductions made here from a news item with very little detail.

The old chestnut/ obsession about willy size even made a bizarre appearance.

I've never driven any kind of high performance vehicle, but suspect that given

the reins of a Ferrari, I too would be off the road in similar fashion.

Those people citing speed as a factor, any car hitting that free at high speed

would be in a far worse state than the photos suggest.

This little jewel, for instance. Rich Chinese playboy in Singapore, with his girlfriend. Decapitated.

Ferrari could also give a free drivingcourse to all carowners...stories like this give the brand a bad name..And no doubt this was to blame to the driver, who sais he was thai anyway?

Ferrari usually vets all of their buyers and have the option to refuse to sell if the proposed driver is uneducated in high speed driving technologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mikey421 said:

Ferrari usually vets all of their buyers and have the option to refuse to sell if the proposed driver is uneducated in high speed driving technologies.

In the past Rolls Royce would first do a background check for it's customers or not sell a car at all.

That's all over now since i see rappers in brand new Royces...

I've never heard of Ferrari doing something similar, did you see the video's i posted of drivers crashing sportscars? It's all pure stupidity and not being trained in handling horespower.

• Like 1

In the past Rolls Royce would first do a background check for it's customers or not sell a car at all.

I've never heard of Ferrari doing something similar, did you see the video's i posted of drivers crashing sportscars? It's all pure stupidity and not being trained in handling horespower.

BMW is Rolls and Ferrari is Fiat.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Im so happy with my small hyundai! In fact its not the ferrari but the one driving it does not know that applying the brake is not all the time advised on slippery road in bad weather condition. Of course he will not see this written in the manual of the car. 

Agreed, though weather in this case played a part. Tires don’t grip wet roads very well when pushed at high speed.

4 hours ago, Mikey421 said:

I somehow doubt if that sort of vetting extends to those here wealthy (and therefore influential) enough to by a Ferrari. After all, I can't think of any other rules or inconveniencing procedures which do... 

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Many moons a go, in the 70's, when I was a mere nipper, my old man seriously looked in to buying a RR, as the local dealer was also a Rover dealer and the old man had been driving these for years, so knew the sales guy well.

The checks that RR made were to ensure that you could actually afford to buy one, because the car was built to order with a very long waiting list, it was impossible to go and buy one at list from a dealer, unlike today, unless you want something bespoke.

I do believe Ferrari do something similar, even today, as quite a lot of their models are limited editions, so usually previous owners get the first pickings.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:50 AM, kannot said:

That  bloody rain and Ferraris, thank goodness the driver wasnt responsible.

Youd  think the guys at Ferrari would put some really good  brakes and some anti skid system in those  cars wouldnt you I mean surely they could do that?????

Thai rain extra slippery no doubt

What if there was snow and ice in Thailand ?

On 8/16/2018 at 7:56 AM, Thian said:

Ferrari could also give a free drivingcourse to all carowners...stories like this give the brand a bad name..And no doubt this was to blame to the driver, who sais he was thai anyway?

The brand doesn't get a bad name. Excellent engineering, excellent brakes, very powerful engine - unskilled driver. Simple. Blame the driver , not the car. As for "driving lessons", I assume that's an attempt at humor.

• Like 1