"Brand New" Red Ferrari slams into tree after collision on Friendship Highway

webfact

"Brand New" Red Ferrari slams into tree after collision on Friendship Highway

2pm1.jpg

Pictures (2) Daily News

Pictures published by Daily News showed what they said was a red plate Ferrari that collided with the back of an 18 wheel truck on the Friendship Highway (Mitraphap) in the Si Khiw area of Korat.

The accident happened at kilometer marker 102+400 and also involved a Chevrolet car that ended up under the truck by the side of the road.

2pm.jpg

The Ferrari hit a tree and was shown wrecked.

Daily News said that four people were taken to hospital with injuries - two from the Ferrari and two from the Chevrolet.

The accident happened in rain and slippery conditions shortly after 4pm on Wednesday. The Ferrari was unable to brake in time, said the report.

The accident caused serious traffic build-up in the area of the Lamtakhong dam.

Sources: Daily News 1, Daily News 2

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-16

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

The accident happened in rain and slippery conditions shortly after 4pm on Wednesday. The Ferrari was unable to brake in time, said the report.

That  bloody rain and Ferraris, thank goodness the driver wasnt responsible.

Youd  think the guys at Ferrari would put some really good  brakes and some anti skid system in those  cars wouldnt you I mean surely they could do that?????

Thai rain extra slippery no doubt

5 minutes ago, kannot said:

Youd  think the guys at Ferrari would put some really good  brakes and some anti skid system in those  cars wouldnt you I mean surely they could do that?????

Ferrari could also give a free drivingcourse to all carowners...stories like this give the brand a bad name..And no doubt this was to blame to the driver, who sais he was thai anyway?

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

The accident caused serious traffic build-up in the area of the Lamtakhong dam.

I heard the Safety Car was out for 20 laps after that. And, Somchai still made it to the podium to keep his championship hopes alive.

18 minutes ago, Thian said:

Ferrari could also give a free drivingcourse to all carowners...stories like this give the brand a bad name..And no doubt this was to blame to the driver, who sais he was thai anyway?

They could, but maybe they assume people who buy cars and have licenses can drive. I’m sure they give a demo and ask drivers to read the manual and to drive safely. I guess ultimately the person driving the car is responsible for how fast they drive and how they react to different weather conditions. But I guess for some people they find it easier to be irresponsible and then take no responsibility. We normally call them a**holes. I can’t write the word we use for people who help find blame for them elsewhere. 

27 minutes ago, Thian said:

ill take that bet

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I bet the Ferrari driver was speeding; I bet his passenger was a girl; I bet they had had a liquid lunch.

Oh Mike; a tad cynical there.

Brake prob'. Could happen to anyone.

Personally I think it's a ploy to elevate Leicester back to the top. 

Or Chelsea perhaps.

48 minutes ago, Thian said:

Oh I think we can be confident that if he were a faang it would have been mentioned... 

He must have got confused thinking he was the driving a MU 7 pick up, the other car he's got at home....( you'd think that one would take some proper driving lessons as to how to handle a high performance car would you? )....

More money than sense (or driving ability). Looks like that might be a 488 Spider. 0-100km in 3 seconds.

Such vehicles with torque and hp completely unlike light car and the steering also, it can get away from an inexperienced driver in an instant then you're balled up in a tree. Probably should not be allowed on public roads.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

All modern supercars have a highly sophisticated traction control system which when turned on would mean the car's onboard computer constantly makes small adjustments to the brakes, suspension etc. which in turn should compensate for having a complete knuckle dragger at the wheel. The theory being that you'd have to be doing something unbelievably dumb to crash it, even in adverse weather conditions.

Somchai probably turned it off...... :shock1:

Traction control systems can be working perfectly. If the distance needed to stop is greater than the distance to impact, you'll collide.

Driver training? It's widely believed Lamborghini adopted AWD in an attempt to keep their owners from crashing so often. Cynics say that's about keeping Lambo from getting a bad reputation, not about saving lives.

17 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

All modern supercars have a highly sophisticated traction control system which when turned on would mean the car's onboard computer constantly makes small adjustments to the brakes, suspension etc. which in turn should compensate for having a complete knuckle dragger at the wheel. The theory being that you'd have to be doing something unbelievably dumb to crash it, even in adverse weather conditions.

Somchai probably turned it off...... :shock1:

ya dont  say, what  next  cooking  using  microwaves??

Archived