Be careful DTAC phone charges

stud858

I once noticed dtac charged me for content service which I did not agree to purchase. I called them and they reversed the charges. Its just happened again today. I was charged 4 baht many times for poem service.

Be careful and check your usage.

I am on AIS (1-2-call) since 2009 and can't remember getting unwanted subscription services etc.

My wife (also AIS) on the other hand had some news SMS service. No idea how she managed to do.

Handed phone over to granddaughter, some hacking to and done.

I remember there was a thread very recently with similar topic where a member described a unique (all carrier) number to stop unwanted SMS with a single step.

https://tech.thaivisa.com/heres-how-to-stop-annoying-sms-spam-on-your-thai-mobile/18149/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you should ask yourself maybe, if you installed an new app on your mobile, which asked for access to your SMS rights?

There are unfortunatelly a few apps in the google store, which in the same time also subscribe for some paid services.

Or maybe you even just bought a new phone and installed a few new apps.. so it would be even more difficult to know which app made this problem.

I not think this is from DTAC! So it this is the case with an app.. then the same can happen with 1-2-call.

Dtac send information SMS such as dial a number to receive music or poem. I ignore the message and don't follow their instruction.

My usage statement from them shows they charge me.

They refund without question.

I'm guessing they make millions of baht doing this.

Its got nothing to do with apps. Or allowing permissions.

Keep an eye on your bill statements.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:35 PM, stud858 said:

Dtac send information SMS such as dial a number to receive music or poem.

Nothing worse than getting billed for bad poetry you didn't sign up for. Had similar problems with AIS end of last year, had to ring and get it cancelled each month, it eventually worked. Replaced my phone recently (Android 4.4 to Android 8.1) so this may have been a factor, their systems might not have worked so well with the old OS. 

Edited by lamyai3

On 8/18/2018 at 7:00 AM, Cletus said:

Mate, all the companies are the same, they all try to get extra baht from you.

For the rest, up to you.

i recall getting some stuff like that, in Thai of course which I could not read.  used up a few baht every time I received it.  Junk adds, or whatever. 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:37 AM, stud858 said:

I just put android 8 on my phone.  Wait and see for the next fake charge to come through. Strike 3 and they are out!

Well. Strike three happened. 12call or TRUE sim?

Which is good for internet plan such as the one I used on dtac.

I used 300 baht 1 month 1mbps with ability to do Max speed topup for 19 baht (700mb)

Cheers.

Even though sneaky charges still come through ive decided to perservere.

Ive called and asked again for them to stop messaging me and stop charging me for nonsense stuff.

12call and true dont have speed topping.  For that reason alone i recommend dtac over the others.

Btw. Staff at 12call dtac and true are pretty bad at their jobs. Do company bosses not give a damn who they hire anymore?

My fault, too high expectations. I know.

Ill make sure my credit is always low so they cant take too much away.

Enjoy your week thavisians.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, Cletus said:

Just log in to your personal page (phone no. and one time password) and check it, it's very easy.

Can you or any other helpful person point me where this is done online please? The DTAC web sites I have found all seem to be in Thai. I had nearly half my balance sucked out of my accounts in August into Sept with these content charges? This is for SMS adverts apparently? I have never enrolled in them and never even got any SMS messages on the phone either. Just yesterday my balance has gone down and I never even used the phone.

24 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Can you or any other helpful person point me where this is done online please? The DTAC web sites I have found all seem to be in Thai. I had nearly half my balance sucked out of my accounts in August into Sept with these content charges? This is for SMS adverts apparently? I have never enrolled in them and never even got any SMS messages on the phone either. Just yesterday my balance has gone down and I never even used the phone.

https://my.dtac.co.th/esv/en/login

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a dinosaur phone (Motorola RAZR V3 from 2005). DTAC constantly bothers me with texts in Thai which the phone cannot even display properly. TBH, my other AIS prepaid SIMS are not getting this barrage of spam. Instead, useful stuff like "this is your password to use the WIFI" or something.