Re-entry permit at Don Muang

I have never done this at DM before, how long does it take? I read somewhere that its actually after you go through immigration control, do I need to them immigration then that I will be getting a re-entry permit so my visa isnt cancelled?

Passport copies, photos, filled in TM and 1k baht, anything else I need?

thanks

Immigration does not cancel visas or permits to stay when you leave the country. Entering the country without a re-entry permit voids out the existing permit to stay you had when you left the country.

What you listed is enough to apply for the re-entry permit.

I asked the same question a month or so ago. I was told to bring all the documents and photos. However to my surprise none of the above was required. Don Muang now uses the same system as Suvarnabhumi. 

After going through immigration, go to the office which is clearly sign posted. They will scan your passport in their system and digitally take your photo. Once completed they will print out the TM form with all your existing data already present. 

Didn’t have to fill in anything only sign the TM form at the end of the process. If I’m not mistaken it was 1200 Baht same as at Suvarnabhumi when using the their digital service. 

In and out within 5 minutes. Was given a little goodie bag of OTOP products as well at the end of it. Pleasant surprise. 

Furthermore, if you have a retirement extension and your intend to travel frequently outside Thailand during the period of your extension, it might be worth considering obtaining a multiple entry permit at a cost of B3,800.

Just a thought.

when I got my first extension of stay, at Pattaya Immigration I crossed over to desk 4 to get a re entry permit.  The lady IO didn't even ask if I wanted one entry  or multi entry , she just stamped  it multi and charged accordingly.  Makes sense ,  I may never use it, but its nice to have in the passport,  in case Mrs Pilotman wants a shopping trip or two to Singapore , Taiwan or  Hong Kong.