Change the reason for extension of stay from work to dependent

7 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Ah, now that could be a problem, as we are the only ones in the house right now, so nobody to take the photos, the one I do have of us both already is showing the house number, let me try to think how to get more with us both together in the house.

If you have camera/phone with a timer on it you could set it up on a chair or such. I have done it before.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have camera/phone with a timer on it you could set it up on a chair or such. I have done it before.

Thanks and yes my phone camera had this, so this is what we did, they are not perfect, but hopefully will be good enough, fingers crossed!

On 8/30/2018 at 6:51 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. Normally when a bank book has not been updated for a long time the update will only show the current balance. You should get a statement from the bank stamped by them to present to immigration showing the balance for the last 3 months to prove it has been there at least 3 months.

2. You or your son can sign the house book copies.

In my case for retirement extension, I'll make a small transaction just before updating my bank book then obtain the bank guarantee statement. That way the dates for the current balance on the bank book and the statement are the same. It's required at CM immigration.  

2 hours ago, prism said:

In my case for retirement extension, I'll make a small transaction just before updating my bank book then obtain the bank guarantee statement. That way the dates for the current balance on the bank book and the statement are the same. It's required at CM immigration.  

When I did mine at CW last month to IO requirements, KBank updated and copied the bank book balance up to that days application with the book balance matching the support bank letter for 100THB and the 3 months statement costing another 100THB was only until the day before, so a different balance as I used ATM on day of application. Presumably because KBank only do statements for whole days? Anyway the IO accepted it no issues.

So far it has been a total disaster, the lady IO wants a lot of things that are not really requirements and it isn't looking good to get this done today.

In addition to what I stated, she needs the bank passbook to be updated TODAY (it was done yesterday and SCB do not print the balance when checking via an ATM, you have to do a transaction), so she told me to put 200 Baht IN to the account and update the book, then she needs the last 4 pages of the passbook copying twice, this is in addition to the 3 months bank statements and the letter, she also needs my eldest son's ID card & Birth certificate, even though he lives in BKK at university, she absolutely insists on this, she has also insisted on a Thai form filling out by my ex. wife, who is now rushing back from BKK to do this, at first the IO wanted her to be there as well!

She was plain rude actually and insisted on talking only to my son in Thai and even told him he was big enough to look after himself!!

The key bits are if my ex. can get back here and if my other son can get me the signed ID card copies in time.

Oh and she wants EVERY extension of stay copying that is in the current passport.

Not a happy bunny.

Edited by Mattd

OK, finally got done, thankfully, although not an easy experience by any means!

Documents, all duplicated, finally required:

Copies of existing passport: Data page, change of passport page, every single extension of stay issued on this passport, TM.6 & last entry stamp, cancellation of last extension page.

Copies of my ex. wife's ID card and BOTH children's, all had to signed by their respective owner.

Copies of House registration showing ALL 3 occupants.

Copy of my ex. wife's many name change certificates, 4 in total. (first IO threw these out, supervisor needed them back in)

A statement in Thai that I am allowed to stay in the house, signed by the ex. as the house owner in the book, this form was provided by immigration and I ended up scanning it, then the ex. filled it in, signed it and scanned it back, because of this I had to also sign to verify it!

Copy of the divorce certificate, the marriage certificate was NOT required.

Copy of the divorce agreement showing that I have legal custody of both sons.

Photos of my son and myself together around the house and house number, these could only be signed at the bottom.

Hand drawn map of the house location, signed.

Bank letter confirming funds are in the account, issued yesterday

Bank statements for the last 3 months, issued yesterday.

Passbook updated today and copies of this going back 9 months.

Various other forms they filled in needed signing.

So, eventually got the under consideration stamp and must go back on 4th October for the decision.

The supervisor told me that they will call to arrange a house visit soon and that I MUST not let the money in the account go below 400,000 THB between now and 4th October.

I have now found another job close to home, the way this went I am sorely tempted to renew based on work next time!

@ubonjoe Sorry, more questions!

1. As the IO supervisor has told me not to spend any money from the account used (she actually said it like this, although I did clarify and said surely it should just remain above 400k) then I must have to show this again when I go back again on 4th October, does this mean just an updated passbook, or does it mean the letter and statements again as well?

2. There was no mention of my son returning on the 4th, does he need to be with me again?

28 minutes ago, Mattd said:

1. As the IO supervisor has told me not to spend any money from the account used (she actually said it like this, although I did clarify and said surely it should just remain above 400k) then I must have to show this again when I go back again on 4th October, does this mean just an updated passbook, or does it mean the letter and statements again as well?

2. There was no mention of my son returning on the 4th, does he need to be with me again?

1. You will not need to show your bank book when you go back. It was just a warning since immigration might call the bank during the approval process to check that it is still there.

2. You son will not need to be with you.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You will not need to show your bank book when you go back. It was just a warning since immigration might call the bank during the approval process to check that it is still there.

2. You son will not need to be with you.

OK, thanks.

I think I might play it safe with the account and update the book on the 4th October, the money deposited will not fall below the limit as there is a lot more in the account than is needed.

She also mentioned that they will call me for a house visit, this I think is normal for this type of extension? 

I would assume that this visit will be a weekday and that my son will need to be at the house as well?

6 minutes ago, Mattd said:

She also mentioned that they will call me for a house visit, this I think is normal for this type of extension? 

I would assume that this visit will be a weekday and that my son will need to be at the house as well?

The house visit is normal for the first extension application.

It will likely be on a weekday. I don't think they would expect be home since he is attending school. They might want to ask one of your neighbors if he is living with you.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The house visit is normal for the first extension application.

It will likely be on a weekday. I don't think they would expect be home since he is attending school. They might want to ask one of your neighbors if he is living with you.

Understood, thanks.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It was just a warning since immigration might call the bank during the approval process

My apologies if I missed this, but is it standard requirement to maintain balance during approval process? I thought once accepted at application time, balance was considered OK? Has there been reports of applicants being rejected as their balance went below threshold during the approval wait time?

13 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

My apologies if I missed this, but is it standard requirement to maintain balance during approval process? I thought once accepted at application time, balance was considered OK? Has there been reports of applicants being rejected as their balance went below threshold during the approval wait time?

There have been reports of people getting a call during the under consideration period because the balance was below 400k baht. One that I can recall had to top up their account but not to the entire 400k baht.

You can take a small amount out of the account for living expenses. But it could be a major problem if you empted the account.

• Like 1

As an update, immigration called my ex. wife yesterday about 12.30pm and said that they would come to the house at 2pm, she called me and as I wasn't home at that point, so I headed back, getting there at 1.25, they were already there! I have a maid that comes on Wednesdays and she at first refused to let them in!! After the maid called the ex. she did allow them in and gave them coffee etc. They asked the maid a bunch of questions and took a photo of her ID card, the only question they asked me was where does my son go to school, they then took a photo of myself and the maid in front the house, showing the number and left.

Must admit I wasn't expecting a visit less than 24 hours after applying.