Bank loans to Thai companies owning land

I was wondering about buying a house at some point in the future for my gf's family to live in. It's very much a drawing board thing at the moment but I'd appreciate any input.

What I had in mind was to form a Thai company and set it up so that I am sole director and cannot be removed without a 65% vote (which I would be able to block). I would inject some funds into the company and have it buy a property using a combination of those funds and money it had borrowed from a Thai bank. The property would then be leased to the family and myself. The shares in the company could be set up in such a way that by paying the rent, the family were effectively buying their way into the property. Even so, the arrangement between the family and the company would be a straight lease.

Does anyone have any insight on whether the banks would lend to a company buying a property to let, and if so at what rates and what sort of loan-to-value?

Thanks

Not to diss your gfs  family but if they have never been able to acquire a home at what I would think is Middle Aged, it would be a downward spiral for you. Thai citizens with secure employment can arrange mortgages themselves through banks,  why get involved.  Your heart is in the right place but don't complicate your life. 

Archived