What to do in Pattaya

Mattybyrne88

21 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Why not? 

It's economical and gets the same results.... ?

The 27 herbs and spices init. My first experience with it was worth a full day of screaming squirts, good thing I had an LT to take care of me!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

The 27 herbs and spices init. My first experience with it was worth a full day of screaming squirts, good thing I had an LT to take care of me!

You're not getting it mixed up with Kentucky Fried Chicken are you? I find the results similar.

6 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Matty

Thanks for getting back , oh my word - 20 yr old in Pattaya - they don’t call it sin city for nothing .

I have a horrible suspicion you may not have time for temples etc - but do some research Trip Advisor etc. There are some nice places nearby .

Young man be careful - DO not hire a motorbike - ever . 

If you go zip lining etc - remember that health and safety is almost non existent in the Kingdom.  

Lastly do not forget Thailand is a big country- there are some stunning provinces - I like Loei very much .

So save up and come back to explore the region - Myanmar is stunning .

Have fun 

Burma is dreadful, joyless, greedy sad people, poor infrastructure. Thailand is a million times better.

23 minutes ago, The manic said:

Nobody drinks Mekong anymore it has been superseded by Songsam.

I do ?

Im not very fashionable.

I brought a bottle back to the US once. One of my buds, a confirmed boozer could only say "<deleted> is this stuff"

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Nobody drinks Mekong anymore it has been superseded by Songsam.

Hong Tong is drinkable if you want to go cheap

Thais usually destroy good whisky by adding loads of Pepsi and ice cubes so they would not be able to tell the difference between a 200thb  and a $200 bottle..... 

But the ones who can afford buy the expensive ones anyway for Facebook pics.... ? 

25 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Thais usually destroy good whisky by adding loads of Pepsi and ice cubes so they would not be able to tell the difference between a 200thb  and a $200 bottle..... 

But the ones who can afford buy the expensive ones anyway for Facebook pics.... ? 

Its not whiskey. Its brandy. Soda is added not coke. You are hopelessly ill informed.  Or on the wrong part of the thread.

Since you listed women first; I take it you may like some daytime action. Try the Tahitian Queen, Beach Rd, South Pattaya or there are several day-bars on Soi 6. However, you will probably party until mid-morning and sleep until late afternoon. Don't plan, let it happen.  Just keep your wits about you--something many men much older have never been able to do.

33 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Since you listed women first; I take it you may like some daytime action. Try the Tahitian Queen, Beach Rd, South Pattaya or there are several day-bars on Soi 6. However, you will probably party until mid-morning and sleep until late afternoon. Don't plan, let it happen.  Just keep your wits about you--something many men much older have never been able to do.

Ah the Tahitian Queen ?

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Not sure I've seen much Pepsi being used as a mixer, usually Coke, Soda or just water; sometimes  mixing two of them with the booze. And those fb pictures, I noted they have what I would call a professional bottle--either drinking very little from it or refilling it with something cheaper. 

1 minute ago, The manic said:

TQ rubbish.  Soi 6 OK for day time drinking. Ugly girls, dead bars, awful  music utterly shallow, bad service, tourist tat. 

LOL I havent been inside the Tahitian Queen since maybe 2000......

I poked my head in once in 2013 but only because I saw a nice butt going in, but bad on the obverse.

It was great in 2000 though for afternoon music....then there was the old Billion BJ Bar, the Freelancer Bar......

17 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Not sure I've seen much Pepsi being used as a mixer, usually Coke, Soda or just water; sometimes  mixing two of them with the booze. And those fb pictures, I noted they have what I would call a professional bottle--either drinking very little from it or refilling it with something cheaper. 

Maeykawn Koh La hansum man? Shudder......

14 hours ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

I'm 20, booked April suite s and Areca lodge. Here for women, relaxing, shopping, drinking, sightseeing, fishing etc. I'm up for anything tbh

Areca Lodge good choice. Nice hotel in the heart of the action.

I doubt very much that you'll see much daylight on your visit.

My advice would be to find yourself a nice companion as soon as you arrive. Used to take me 10 - 15 minutes on leaving Areca Lodge when I holidayed here. The beauty is that having chosen your holiday girlfriend, if you aren't happy, easy to change her for a new one the next night.

As far as things to do in the day, ask your new girlfriend, use her as your tour guide. If you want a few days side trip, try Koh Chang or Kho Samet, your new girlfriend will love either.

Even though I've lived here for years, I still enjoy a day out to Kho Larn. On landing, catch a baht bus to the West side of the island (far side), Tien beach is my favourite, white sand, crystal clear water, few Chinese tourists, plenty of beach chairs/ shade. Good food and drink brought to your beach chair.

http://kohlarn.com/beaches-of-koh-larn.html

Just now, malt25 said:

I can't believe no one has suggested a day at Nong Nook. http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com/   Irrespective of age & nocturnal interests, Nong Nook is a great day out.

Yes, good choice for a day trip. Ideal if with a friend. I also enjoy the crocodile farm and a couple of water parks in the same area as Nong Nooch Gardens.

53 minutes ago, essox essox said:

there are plenty of monkeys in pattaya. why ask what to do and where to go on HERE.....DO YOU not know how to glean info from all the websites that are there to give YOU INFO???

Far better to get honest opinions from people who live here/visit often. Lots of misleading/incomplete information on websites. TVF is your friend (usually). What's your problem?

First time trip ? Have you been to SE Asia before ? 

Thai Visa is an absolute font of information:

But we need more info.
What exactly are you hoping for this trip? 
Age? 
Cultural interests - there are a few nearby places, temples, Sanctuary of Truth etc etc
Food/ Restaurants- need to find out  the best recommendations - 5* or local ? 
Will you have transport? 
Shopping? 
Are you hoping to find yourself on a fabulous tropical beach? ( tricky in Pattaya)
Is it in the back of your mind - perhaps would like to interact with the locals - then we need to know if you are straight, gay or perhaps trans . 

Pattaya is tricky for first time visitors - there are loads of hidden gems - an example small bars on the beach in Na Jomtien . 

OP- more info required - and then Thai Visa will come up with the goods.

Sadly probably nothing more will be heard from the OP 

Regards 

Sometimes you wonder if new posters are paid by TV to keep the activity going. Any search on google will give him most of the information.

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

Areca Lodge good choice. Nice hotel in the heart of the action.

I doubt very much that you'll see much daylight on your visit.

My advice would be to find yourself a nice companion as soon as you arrive. Used to take me 10 - 15 minutes on leaving Areca Lodge when I holidayed here. The beauty is that having chosen your holiday girlfriend, if you aren't happy, easy to change her for a new one the next night.

As far as things to do in the day, ask your new girlfriend, use her as your tour guide. If you want a few days side trip, try Koh Chang or Kho Samet, your new girlfriend will love either.

Even though I've lived here for years, I still enjoy a day out to Kho Larn. On landing, catch a baht bus to the West side of the island (far side), Tien beach is my favourite, white sand, crystal clear water, few Chinese tourists, plenty of beach chairs/ shade. Good food and drink brought to your beach chair.

http://kohlarn.com/beaches-of-koh-larn.html

I was going to say exactly this. Be careful though - I did something similar and we are still together after 6 years. If I was to do the same again, I'd probably look for a girl in iBar. but make sure you find one that is adventurous and will take you to different places. 

23 hours ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

I'm 20, booked April suite s and Areca lodge. Here for women, relaxing, shopping, drinking, sightseeing, fishing etc. I'm up for anything tbh

Then too young to join the Pattaya Bridge Club...:whistling:

3 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

I was going to say exactly this. Be careful though - I did something similar and we are still together after 6 years. If I was to do the same again, I'd probably look for a girl in iBar. but make sure you find one that is adventurous and will take you to different places. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea having a companion for a few days. Guide and someone who will take photos when going fishing 

19 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Yet you still choose to live here.

I suppose it takes ticker to make changes. Some people have one others like to snipe from the sidelines 

Live Where?  Not Pattaya!

Three strikes from me,  I gave it the benefit of the doubt too many times  years ago, each stay was worse.  

God knows what it's like now. 

If he's 20, and even slightly Hansum,  he'll have way more fun in Bangkok,  but whtver, different strokes and it's easy to change plans if he hasn't pre paid. Which I don't advise. Tons of rooms. 

It was a send-up, no apologies to the fragile, or obtuse. 

Even so,  you can't deny every single one of those events happen in Pattaya, a lot. 

Did your response arise from having  too much Lao induced  ticker, or was that just sniping from the sidelines?  

Archived