Rat Poison.

I have seen a large black rat in my kitchen over the last couple of weeks.

A few day’s ago purchased some Bayer Racumin Ricebait. The problem I have now is the strong smell of gas, is anyone familiar with this product? Does the product work and is the smell normal, or worse the rat has gnawed through my gas pipe

Any food spillage in the kitchen is immediately cleared up so I’m not leaving food out for it.

The smell is giving me headaches.

I don't know that particular bait, but none of the "rat food" SWIMBO buys has much of a detectable smell.

Turn off your gas bottle and check the pipe!!

If Roland eats the food he will be no more and will hopefully die somewhere accessible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 8:17 AM, Paul Laycock1 said:

drtreelove, thanks, already too many cats and dogs around here.

Regardless the rat took the bait and is now dead.

you're right...I'd set out some poison for the rats then the rest for the feral cats and the rabid street dogs that are as bad as other vermin...

I used the Bayer Racumin rodenticide (little blue flakes) for a problem that I had and it did the trick...and yeah, there was a problem diggin' out the rat corpses as they were stinkin' up the place...

I always apologise to the critters because I know that they have as much right to live on the planet as humans do...except as Don Corleone said: 'unless your interests conflict with mine...'

an effective way of pest control...that anti pasti and red wine sure do look nice at Louis' restaurant in the Bronx...

15 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

...and yeah, there was a problem diggin' out the rat corpses as they were stinkin' up the place...

When we were doing Hong Kong airport there was a serious rat problem, they found the "rodent resistant" network cables delicious.

The authorities brought in cats which barely made a dent in the population. According to the local paper this was because the rats were British rats that arrived with the carpet contractor and Hong Kong cats were too small to catch them.

Poison was deployed in industrial quantities resulting in rat Armageddon. Of course they chose to die in some inaccessible places, the stink was horrendous. Several rooms (including the station control room) were off limits until the Chinese chaps had been under the floor to remove the source.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

When we were doing Hong Kong airport there was a serious rat problem, they found the "rodent resistant" network cables delicious.

The authorities brought in cats which barely made a dent in the population. According to the local paper this was because the rats were British rats that arrived with the carpet contractor and Hong Kong cats were too small to catch them.

Poison was deployed in industrial quantities resulting in rat Armageddon. Of course they chose to die in some inaccessible places, the stink was horrendous. Several rooms (including the station control room) were off limits until the Chinese chaps had been under the floor to remove the source.

sounds like animal collusion to cause chaos by seeking out the power cables next to the signal cables on the same cable tray...then in the confusion the rats attack the cats and chow down on insulating material...

Armageddon indeed...

I worked on “Sky Plaza”. That was the worst stinking job-site I’ve ever been on...

33 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

After the rat was dispatched I had to buy a new gas pipe which had been chewed through and a bottle of gas. Glad I didn’t try cooking on those day’s.

always gotta remember to close the gas valve at the bottle when not in use...very important, rats not withstanding...especially in an indoor kitchen...

Archived