Checklist for Extension of Stay for Retirement in Chiang Mai

I think I understand requirements and required documents for this (and for a multi-entry permit), but hoped to find a recently updated checklist specific to the Chiang Mai immigration office here on the Forums.  I only found one for Chon Buri and wonder if someone who has recently applied in Chiang Mai can say if this looks correct, specifically for Chiang Mai.

i know all the provinces probably have slightly different guidelines so I welcome any comments specific to Chiang Mai.  Thanks in advance for constructive comments.

Please note, this poster was applying for a renewal of an existing 1 year retirement extension.  I will be applying for the first time.  I have a 90 day Non-O visa presently.  Hope I’m using the correct terms for all of this since it’s a bit confusing to me.

Paperwork required for Extension of Stay renewal (as well as your passport obviously):

• TM.7 completed and signed, with passport photo attached (include phone number by your signature).
  • Bank letter (sufficient funds) as well as photocopy of updated bank book page (if you are using the lump sum system).
  • Photocopies of - Face Page of Passport, page showing transfer of Visa from old passport (if applicable), page showing current Extension of Stay stamp, page showing last entry date into Thailand.
  • Photocopy of Departure Card.
  • Photocopy of THAI driver's licence (front and back) OR photocopies of recent utility bills (I had both, just in case, and they kept both).
  • Plus the 1,900 baht of course and that's it !
  • (Sign ALL photocopies of course - can be done ahead of time as they don't seem to need to see you sign them.
  • No TM.30 or rental/lease agreements required (or asked for). I used to just use a photocopy of some utility bills (the front part where it shows your name/address) but last year was told I could do that or use a copy of my THAI driving license (front and back sides). 

For the Multi-entry permit:
  • TM.8 completed and signed (also include phone number beside signature) and photo attached.
  • Photocopy of Face Page of Passport, last re-entry permit stamp, last arrival stamp and new Extension of Stay stamp.
  • Photocopy of Departure Card.
  • 3,800 baht.

Edited by WaveHunter