Decent Hairdressers

justinmeiland

The operative word was 'decent' - ie not a place where you look like you're about to sign up for the iraq war.

You're maybe thinking about an attractive "Kevin Keegan" bubble perm? :D

I'm only jealous because my hair is receding already; but their are lots of really good quality hairdressers in Bkk. Thais are very serious about their looks and appearances too. :o You'll get what you pay for.

Barbers are great if you want to look like you cut your hair yourself, however, in light of the OP's use of the word "decent" I am happy to share that the only hairdressing salon I've found in BKK who has a clue how to cut hair is "Toni & Guy" in Siam Discovery Centre. Not the cheapest but at least you don't have to put a hat on as soon as you walk out of the place, which we've experienced at several other supposedly "international grade" salons.

Good luck!!

Barbers are great if you want to look like you cut your hair yourself, however, in light of the OP's use of the word "decent" I am happy to share that the only hairdressing salon I've found in BKK who has a clue how to cut hair is "Toni & Guy" in Siam Discovery Centre. Not the cheapest but at least you don't have to put a hat on as soon as you walk out of the place, which we've experienced at several other supposedly "international grade" salons.

Good luck!!

"international grade salons" :o come on ,please!! we are talking about a man going for a haircut not somewhere he can have his toenails painted by a ladyboy :D seriously there are plenty of good barbers around ,and if you tell them what you want there is no reason it should be any less "a good job" than some fancy salon. some of these guys have been cutting hair for donkeys years.