Chinese visa

13 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

if you are applying for a chinese visa in bangkok better to use an agent - they don’t like independent applications ( brown envelopes need to be passed around) you can easily be rejected for no apparent reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Is it better to apply in Hong Kong then? I want to go there anyway

14 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

if you are applying for a chinese visa in bangkok better to use an agent - they don’t like independent applications ( brown envelopes need to be passed around) you can easily be rejected for no apparent reason.

Do you have personal experience of their reluctance to deal with individual applicants?

I ask because they make it very clear on their website that there is no need to use an agent.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Do you have personal experience of their reluctance to deal with individual applicants?

I ask because they make it very clear on their website that there is no need to use an agent.

but they themselves is an agent.

Unless things have changed in the last few years I got a Chinese visa the same day at the Chinese embassy in BKK. Got in line in the morning to submit my application. Went back after lunch to pick it up. Quick and easy. I have an American passport.

5 hours ago, chado said:

but they themselves is an agent.

No they're not, they are a Visa Application Centre contracted to receive visa applications and forward them to the Chinese visa section.

Rather like VFS and TLS Contact operate Visa Application Centres on behalf of other countries. http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/ywzn/lsyw/t1296688.htm

5 hours ago, vbjohnc said:

Unless things have changed in the last few years I got a Chinese visa the same day at the Chinese embassy in BKK. Got in line in the morning to submit my application. Went back after lunch to pick it up. Quick and easy. I have an American passport.

Yes, things have changed -  http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/ywzn/lsyw/t1296688.htm

On 8/22/2018 at 6:48 PM, strikingsunset said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I disagree with that.  I have got several Chinese visas in Bangkok and always by doing the application myself.  Pretty quick and easy.  I have had one rejection as I was on a short term visa when moving between two jobs, but every time when I've been on a proper long term visa or extension there's never been a problem.

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

No they're not, they are a Visa Application Centre contracted to receive visa applications and forward them to the Chinese visa section. 

Rather like VFS and TLS Contact operate Visa Application Centres on behalf of other countries. http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/ywzn/lsyw/t1296688.htm

there're no prices on their website. How much is the tourist visa?

there're no prices on their website. How much is the tourist visa?
Yes there are, look under Knowledge in the first column headed General Information, and then Number 8, “Payment methods and schedule of fees” the price depends on Nationality.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:48 PM, strikingsunset said:

We visited the Application Centre yesterday, we found the application process to be very quick and efficient with the staff being particularly helpful, there certainly didn't seem to be any advantage or requirement to use an agent, though we might have a diffent opinion if our applications are declined.
We went for the standard service and were advised to return on Monday to collect our passports, so yes three working days.

Just to close off our experience, we summited our applications on Wednesday afternoon, me British and my wife Thai and I collected our visas this morning.

The application process was very quick and easy, the staff were pleasant and efficient. There are two lines in the reception area, one for personal applications and one for those collecting their passports and agents, I noticed that if one line is empty they called people from the other.

There was a separate section for agents, which was very busy, and a bigger section for individual applications who were not kept waiting by agents submitting multiple applications.

All in all a positive experience.

Archived