Red stamp on passport, getting a new one, will old tourist visa with stamp be on new one?

I got the dreaded red stamp from Vientiane...I'm from Canada.

So now getting a new passport, I need one anyways, only 1 page left in it.

The questions is, will the visa still show up in the new passport?

Will they send back the old passport with  a page left in it and I have to use it before using the new one?

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your new passport will empty. No visas or stamps in it.

You old passport will be marked as canceled so there is not way you could use it.

Will he get in? I thought he was asking will the 'red stamp' come up on the system?  or will it 'disappear' with the old passport?  You are the expert but I always thought the 'red stamp' will be in the system against his name no matter what passport he uses. Hope I'm wrong and he gets in.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Will he get in? I thought he was asking will the 'red stamp' come up on the system?  or will it 'disappear' with the old passport?  You are the expert but I always thought the 'red stamp' will be in the system against his name no matter what passport he uses. Hope I'm wrong and he gets in.

The red stamp (actually blue I suspect) is on a visa sticker done at the embassy in Vientiane. His new passport will clean with no visas in it for them to see at the embassy when he applies for another one.

You are confusing that with a stamp of some kind done by immigration that would still be in their records when they link the new and old passport the first time it is used for entry.

• Thanks 1

yes indeed, the stamp is not red, it's actually  blue.

It says:

"Remark: the holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future"

So with my new passport I'll be good to go at the EXACT same embassy that gave me the stamp the last time? (vientiane Laos)

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The red stamp (actually blue I suspect) is on a visa sticker done at the embassy in Vientiane. His new passport will clean with no visas in it for them to see at the embassy when he applies for another one.

You are confusing that with a stamp of some kind done by immigration that would still be in their records when they link the new and old passport the first time it is used for entry.

Ahh when he said "dreaded red stamp" I assumed he was denied entry. Apologies.

11 minutes ago, ikebukuro5 said:

So with my new passport I'll be good to go at the EXACT same embassy that gave me the stamp the last time? (vientiane Laos)

Yes you can. Many people have gotten one after getting a new passport.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the reasons of that stamps ?

How many TR visa and / or visa exempt did you had on your passport ? etc.

Would be great to know where they drawn the limit, i guess there's several people on here, including me, who're running on tourist visa, always good to know what kind of situation can lead to that "blue stamp".

Tx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just been looking in my PP and noticed a blue stamp , is this blue stamp a red stamp ?

It does not look like the remains of one. The have two lines with a frame around them If I recall correctly.