Thai customs entering modern era from September 1st

2pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

The director of the Thai Customs department was upbeat yesterday as he spoke at a seminar entitled "Digital Customs 2018".

Kulis Sombatsiri said his department were entering the modern age.

From September 1st his department would be better connected to other agencies especially the courts.

All matters concerning imports and exports could be handled on the new systems meaning a better service to the public.

Old regulations were being adapted to streamline operations.

The terms E-commerce and E-payment were bandied around like confetti.

One way the public might benefit, according to the Manager story, was in the payment of tax due on items sent through the post.

The Customs Department hopes that online tax payment will ease the pressure on post offices at Laksi and Hua Lamphong in the capital Bangkok where there are often queues and delays.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

2 hours ago, webfact said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  September 1st 2050?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

From September 1st his department would be better connected to other agencies especially the courts.

"With the exception of the Foreign Ministry’s passport-issuing service, most government agencies still require people to provide a photocopy their ID card for various services, largely due to the inability to link the databases of all agencies in the public sector."

Quoted from the news article below, a few hours earlier by the same newspaper!

Tariffs are still too high.  When your stuff gets inspected, you have to go down to the main office and argue with staff.  It takes hours and it is over petty things or nothing at all. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Customs Department hopes that online tax payment will ease the pressure on post offices at Laksi and Hua Lamphong in the capital Bangkok where there are often queues and delays.

Life sucking queues and delays with unfair, petty charges as well. 

18 hours ago, zyphodb said:

So these new online systems are going to link up all their updated from XP to Pirated windows 7 PC's across all their departments then???

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

XP get real  mate

most government agencies still use   specktrum computers an upgrade to windows 2.0 would be a huge step forward... i saw someone using a typrwriter last month 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 1:47 PM, yellowboat said:

Tariffs are still too high.  When your stuff gets inspected, you have to go down to the main office and argue with staff.  It takes hours and it is over petty things or nothing at all. 

Life sucking queues and delays with unfair, petty charges as well. 

How often does that happen though? I’ve only paid duty on 2 parcels in 15 years that I can remember. The amount I was asked to pay for one of these parcels was a little more than I thought it should be but not astronomical by any means and considering what they haven’t charged me duty on, it wasn’t worth arguing over.

Archived