Warning about eating raw food - four meter long tapeworm emerges from the dark

webfact

Warning about eating raw food - four meter long tapeworm emerges from the dark

เตือนพยาธิ.jpg

Picture: INN

Facebook is usually full of pictures of people's dinner - what posters proudly they put into their bodies.

But this week one page was concentrating on what came out - a four meter long tapeworm.

A 30 year old Ang Thong man had been having some stomach aches and itchiness around his anus.

He was not overly worried until bits of worm started appearing in his stool, reported INN.

It was time for the doctor and Khun Mor gave the patients some meds and advised him to come back next week.

The medication soon did the trick. Stream after stream of tapeworm emerged.

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Along with his girlfriend - named only as "Ae" in a Daily News follow up - the couple set about cleaning up the tapeworms and arranging them for their Facebook photo shoot.

The man warned the public about eating raw food as he was wont to do.

Sources: INN, Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

The man warned the public about eating raw food as he was wont to do.

And F B should warn them about putting photos up of disgustingness that's just exited his bullethole .. That's the sort of stuff more likely to be found on scat sites .. I should imagine .. 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

And F B should warn them about putting photos up of disgustingness that's just exited his bullethole .. That's the sort of stuff more likely to be found on scat sites .. I should imagine .. 

Good that you qualified that... ?

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Would be nice if the actual food he ate was mentioned. 

Apparently common from eating raw, or undercooked pork.   Make sure your pork is well cooked.    Perhaps from other meats also... 

I've heard of overweight people so desperate to lose weight that they will actuall swallow tapeworm eggs  to get some tapeworms in them to absorb some of the foods the overweight people eat. 

http://www.tapewormeggs.com

Usually they don't leave your gut.... and they are easy to get rid of..   But there was a case of a little eight year old girl that had about 100 tapeworm eggs in her brain...  

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/doctors-find-100-tapeworm-eggs-in-girls-brain/articleshow/65096110.cms

Also there was a man who discovered that a large eye floater inside his eye that was clouding his vision was actually a tapeworm and thousands of its eggs...  https://www.livescience.com/61788-pork-tapeworm-eye-infection.html

15 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I thought i had seen those little buggers some place before 

But it tasted great, yummy :giggle:

Tape worms.jpg

On seeing the tapeworm, like you my immediate thought was it just looks like kwiatiow sen yai. So wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just thrown back in a pot of boiling water with some luk chin and neua moo and recycled as such. Sad to see good, nutritious food going to waste, eh? ?

All jokes aside anyone who eats salad anywhere in the world can get worms of many types.

The good news is any pharmacy can sell you a one dose all purpose deworming tablet for 20Bht.

I am always surprised that educated people do not know this.

I line the family up every 6 months & dose everyone including the maid.

All bed sheets are changed at the same time

21 minutes ago, natway09 said:

All jokes aside anyone who eats salad anywhere in the world can get worms of many types.

The good news is any pharmacy can sell you a one dose all purpose deworming tablet for 20Bht.

I am always surprised that educated people do not know this.

I line the family up every 6 months & dose everyone including the maid.

All bed sheets are changed at the same time

There's a concurrent thread running about MacAulay Culkin's worm problem from Thailand, and I'm going to be lazy and recycle my post:

I'm not so sure about treating yourself "just in case" with albendazole, because you may think you're all good, but still have the parasites.  Tough cases can take days and weeks of treatment.  Better to know what you have and make sure they get them all, than take a pill or 3 and count on luck.  I'm not saying it's a bad idea to take some every 6-12 months.  Just don't dismiss the possibility you need more treatment.

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Apparently common from eating raw, or undercooked pork.   Make sure your pork is well cooked.    Perhaps from other meats also... 

We liked to eat fishfillets from the kaoshinmaru (in Tops)...one day my left some fish on her plate and i saw it moving...a worm from 5cm came out of the fillet and was still alive after i fried the fish untill well done...

I guess this kaoshinmaru is a japanese fishingvessel which delivers to Thailand but lately i didn't see this fish anymore for sale.

Archived