TM30 question

Let's say I fly in late Friday afternoon and the immigration office is closed to do a TM30 declaration. Am I ok to go in on the Monday and submit it or will I will be fined for not doing it within 48 hours of arrival? Surely if they are not open on the weekend it's not a fine for this?

Just now, malt25 said:

I don't mean this as a flame & am trying not to be too cynical.... but ! If this is really concerning you, maybe you should change flight to the Thursday or Friday am.

We do the TM30 report ourselves but I've just never done it over a weekend so I just wish to know if the reporting time frame accounts for the weekend or not.

You should drink stronger coffee 

We came in during a holiday and with the weekend added did mine about 5 days after arrival. The lady at immigration questioned my wife and asked to see the airline ticket as proof of our landing time but we did not bring it. She finally smiled and said no problem and stamped the form. This was at CM last year.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

We came in during a holiday and with the weekend added did mine about 5 days after arrival. The lady at immigration questioned my wife and asked to see the airline ticket as proof of our landing time but we did not bring it. She finally smiled and said no problem and stamped the form. This was at CM last year.

Interesting that she would ask about landing time. I thought the report deadline was 24 hours from the arrival at the residence (at least that's what the note on the form says) and not from arriving in the country.

That is my understanding as well. I think she might have been looking to see if we arrived at the airport before immigration closed that day thus having time to report prior the the holiday/weekend.

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Only if you have left the country.

Depends on your local immigration office. My local office (Rayong) definitely don't require a fresh TM30 upon your return from foreign parts, as I can vouch for on the basis of personal experience.