It Was Tuesday The 6th Of February

Mumbo Jumbo

I was sitting in an office yesterday at 10.00AM waiting for some one and it was Tuesday the 6th of February 2007, on the coffee table in front of me were several Thai newspapers, I noticed on several of them they had the next day’s date… The 7th of February 2007, I asked the office manager how can

The newspaper have tomorrows date on it..? He said some thing about having a morning edition and an afternoon edition, which I really did not understand..? Can any one enlighten me…?

Thanks Mumbo

Very curious. I can understand MAGAZINES having a date, often several days in advance, to allow national distribution - but not a newspaper. Especially as you read it at 10am - the day BEFORE its masthead date.

Maybe it was a misprint. If it was tomorrow's paper, I think maybe you have discovered a 'time warp' hole. Please write down tomorrow's Lucky Numbers and get a heap of tickets for both of us.

Peter

I was sitting in an office yesterday at 10.00AM waiting for some one and it was Tuesday the 6th of February 2007, on the coffee table in front of me were several Thai newspapers, I noticed on several of them they had the next day's date… The 7th of February 2007, I asked the office manager how can

The newspaper have tomorrows date on it..? He said some thing about having a morning edition and an afternoon edition, which I really did not understand..? Can any one enlighten me…?

Thanks Mumbo

Special edition for kidnappers?

I also had my Thai Wife with me , and she also asked about the newspaper having tomorrows date on it , and when I asked her about what the manager said , she could not understand the office managers answer also..?

my first question to my wife was aboyt Lottery result numbers , and when are they printed in the Thai newspapers !!...... I'm sure ive seen an old British Movie about a guy being able to get a copy of the next day's newspaper...? by the way there were Two of the same newspapers on the coffee table ... not just one.... ? both with the next day's date ....

Mumbo

It is a bit odd.

I know at least a couple of the Thai newspapers bring out tomorrow's edition today. They used to be 'early' editions that appeared in the afternoon, but for quite a while now I've been reading Monday's Thai Rath on a Sunday while I'm waiting for my kid's art class to finish.

ALL the news papers in Surin have the next days date on them, and have had for as long as I can remember. I point it out to the customers every year, on Dec 31st, that they not only have the day, & date wrong, but the year as well. I have not noticed it in other parts of the country though. Someone did suggest that ten years ago they made a mistake with the automatic date type setter, and no-one has yet realised.