Thailand - Not for me

Defo to some degree post 483.

This guy just cannot be honest even with himself. I'm reading recent posts suggesting the door is still open for his return but if that's the case why all the bashing? I mean surely if it was that much of a hell hole you move on and you go onto better more suited surroundings but this guy just went home and he spent 5 years slating that place too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Defo to some degree post 483.

This guy just cannot be honest even with himself. I'm reading recent posts suggesting the door is still open for his return but if that's the case why all the bashing? I mean surely if it was that much of a hell hole you move on and you go onto better more suited surroundings but this guy just went home and he spent 5 years slating that place too.

Bashing is stating the facts? What's the ploblem?

Here's what. Being called a basher from people who seem to be stuck in Thailand with no option to go back.

Meanwhile there are daily threads with only bad news on this forum with the very same participants bashing Thailand who.... wait.... accuse me of bashing Thailand.

Anyhoo.... I just received an email that my Amazon parcel is waiting for me at the concierge. Gotta love these first world services.

TC8c7UH.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Bashing is stating the facts? What's the ploblem?

Here's what. Being called a basher from people who seem to be stuck in Thailand with no option to go back.

Meanwhile there are daily threads with only bad news on this forum with the very same participants bashing Thailand who.... wait.... accuse me of bashing Thailand.

Anyhoo.... I just received an email that my Amazon parcel is waiting for me at the concierge. Gotta love these first world services.

TC8c7UH.jpg

Ooh you have really climbed the ladder. You have an Amazon parcel. That's just amazing. You got a returns label too. Don't forget to leave feedback I bet your good at that. Do amazon sell balls? You need despo 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Ooh you have really climbed the ladder. You have an Amazon parcel. That's just amazing. You got a returns label too. Don't forget to leave feedback I bet your good at that. Do amazon sell balls? You need despo 

It's half past midnight in Thailand. What are you doing so late arguing with me.... remember you got such a great and fulfilling  life in Thailand there should be Thai pretties lining up for a hunsum man like u, lolz

• Like 1

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It's half past midnight in Thailand. What are you doing so late arguing with me.... remember you got such a great and fulfilling  life in Thailand there should be Thai pretties lining up for a hunsum man like u, lolz

Mate yh you got dumped. Face it. Happens to us all except your not even 50 and you got kicked to the kerb. Ya best get down your local singles night cos amazon won't solve all life's problems.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Mate yh you got dumped. Face it. Happens to us all except your not even 50 and you got kicked to the kerb. Ya best get down your local singles night cos amazon won't solve all life's problems.

1am now. Exciting Thailand ?

When I get back to Bangerz mods can check the IP address where I posted before moving to Toronto.

It's going to be the same IP..... my wife's house.

I know, I know.... haters gonna hate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

May I suggest you don't pay and that is why don't have a wife with you.  I pay and have a wife with me.  I leave that decision to you.  You will find the same in Canada.  My wife does not have to work in Thailand or North America so her job is a moot point.  If I wanted to move to North America my wife would sell or rent her houses in Thailand and move with me.

It's 2018, not 1965.

In my personal case, I don't pay my Mrs and she is very happy with how things are, and earns considerably more than I do.

The idea that the man has to pay the woman might be the way it is in parts of rural Thailand but in much of urban, middle class Thailand both the man and the woman work nowadays, and both contribute to the financial goals of the couple / family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

It's 2018, not 1965.

In my personal case, I don't pay my Mrs and she is very happy with how things are, and earns considerably more than I do.

The idea that the man has to pay the woman might be the way it is in parts of rural Thailand but in much of urban, middle class Thailand both the man and the woman work nowadays, and both contribute to the financial goals of the couple / family.

Seems like my situation.  We both contribute to the family fortune according to the amount we earn.  Since I make more I contribute more.  My wife works for an international company and could transfer to their North American operations in Texas or Oklahoma (both places I have lived and have a support group and family there) anytime she wanted.  We live in Thailand because we like Thailand better than North America.  However having said that I am the head of the household and determine where we live.  Equality is nice in the movies but in reality one person gets a 51% vote and that person in our family is me.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

And I bet you have an address that can actually be found by mere mortals, right? Thailand needs a Napoleon.

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

My thai GF is a hi so and pays the condo rent, all utilities, all groceries, bought me a Ford Ranger, never worked at a bar or restaurant and pays me 30,000 baht a month for my personal expenses.  She also gives my family money and has great sex with me whenever I want. I speak no thai and never will and spend most of my day griping on TFV about how great my home country is.  

A Ranger? Man, you deserve more, at least a Lexus. A million per inch is the minimum.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

The OP does bring up a good point.

There are always people claiming how great their lives are in Thailand are, then spend all day and night on the forum slagging off who ever they can find.

Or even worse spend time slagging off how <deleted> Thailand is then troll through endless threads on a forum about the Country they despise, telling everyone how great their life is outside Thailand. 

Talk about can’t see the wood for the trees. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Or even worse spend time slagging off how <deleted> Thailand is then troll through endless threads on a forum about the Country they despise, telling everyone how great their life is outside Thailand. 

Talk about can’t see the wood for the trees. 

I think it is fair to say every single foreigner in Thailand had a life in their own country before moving to Thailand.

So unless a person is a total slag, they did in fact have a great life outside of Thailand. (They had to move from somewhere!)

It's a giving fact quality of life, no matter where you live, can come down to how much money you have.

If you have the money to live in the west to a high standard, there is nothing in Thailand that can touch that.

Thailand will never meet the standards across the board of the US for example.

Case in point there are more Thai's living in the USA than there are foreigners living in Thailand. (as of 2015 300,000+ legally; much more overstayed)

(40,000 Americans live in Thailand)

Now why exactly do you think the reason for that is? Why would Thai people want to leave their own country and live in the USA?

In 2015 the Median Annual Income for foreign born Thai's was $52,000 per year ($52,000 / 12 months = $4,333.00 X 31 baht to the dollar = 134, 323 thai baht per month)

People usually move to Thailand for 2 reasons. Cheap, easy women and the cost of living.

There are 45 pages posted on living in Thailand on 45,000 baht and how great it is.

For those people, you have to question how their lives were in the west before they moved to Thailand?

Are they uneducated and spent their whole lives as a laborer or at McDonald's? Have no pension? Pitiful social security allotment?

How many people are married and living in their wives property in Thailand? Just getting by?

If you worked your entire life and did not save, have a viable pension etc., Thailand, like many other third world countries are a place to survive your final years in.

You can still live, eat, enjoy life at a scale your income allows.

With all the bashing going on, it is easy to see some people just fight to prove to themselves, Thailand is ok.

It could be ok if that is your best financial option.

But after 10 years in Thailand and now being in Florida, there is simply no comparison.

Quality of life here is 10 times better because I can afford this Florida lifestyle. 

If I could not afford it would be a different story, but I can afford it easily.

This is my country, with my people, my language, my customs, my food etc.

That for ME is a much better quality of life.

For my Thai wife? Well guess what? There are tons of Thai people in Florida. Thai food stores, abundance of Thai restaurants, Thai Temple, even have Nom Doc Mai Thai mangoes growing in the backyard with papaya, Thai chilies and other things.

In the end it all comes down to what you can afford.

Doesn't make it better or worse

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

I think it is fair to say every single foreigner in Thailand had a life in their own country before moving to Thailand.

So unless a person is a total slag, they did in fact have a great life outside of Thailand. (They had to move from somewhere!)

It's a giving fact quality of life, no matter where you live, can come down to how much money you have.

If you have the money to live in the west to a high standard, there is nothing in Thailand that can touch that.

Thailand will never meet the standards across the board of the US for example.

Case in point there are more Thai's living in the USA than there are foreigners living in Thailand. (as of 2015 300,000+ legally; much more overstayed)

(40,000 Americans live in Thailand)

Now why exactly do you think the reason for that is? Why would Thai people want to leave their own country and live in the USA?

People usually move to Thailand for 2 reasons. Cheap, easy women and the cost of living.

There are 45 pages posted on living in Thailand on 45,000 baht and how great it is.

For those people, you have to question how their lives were in the west before they moved to Thailand?

Are they uneducated and spent their whole lives as a laborer or at McDonald's? Have no pension? Pitiful social security allotment?

How many people are married and living in their wives property in Thailand? Just getting by?

If you worked your entire life and did not save, have a viable pension etc., Thailand, like many other third world countries are a place to survive your final years in.

You can still live, eat, enjoy life at a scale your income allows.

With all the bashing going on, it is easy to see some people just fight to prove to themselves, Thailand is ok.

It could be ok if that is your best financial option.

But after 10 years in Thailand and now being in Florida, there is simply no comparison.

Quality of life here is 10 times better because I can afford this Florida lifestyle. 

If I could not afford it would be a different story, but I can afford it easily.

This is my country, with my people, my language, my customs, my food etc.

That for ME is a much better quality of life.

For my Thai wife? Well guess what? There are tons of Thai people in Florida. Thai food stores, abundance of Thai restaurants, Thai Temple, even have Nom Doc Mai Thai mangoes growing in the backyard with papaya, Thai chilies and other things.

In the end it all comes down to what you can afford.

Doesn't make it better or worse

Most Americans who live in Thailand permanently have retired.  How many Thais have retired to the USA?

That would be comparing apples to apples.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Most Americans who live in Thailand permanently have retired.  How many Thais have retired to the USA?

Instead of saying MOST Americans have retired, post a statistical fact.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I;d guess that there aren't very many but there are probably statistics about that somewhere.  I know two Thais who have retired in the US.  Both were engineers who worked 25+ yrs in the US and eventually gained citizenship.  I also know of a couple who went to the US on tourist visas, overstayed those visas, and have been working illegally there in restaurant jobs for years.

3 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

I;d guess that there aren't very many but there are probably statistics about that somewhere.  I know two Thais who have retired in the US.  Both were engineers who worked 25+ yrs in the US and eventually gained citizenship.  I also know of a couple who went to the US on tourist visas, overstayed those visas, and have been working illegally there in restaurant jobs for years.

Agree, we know many right now in Florida working in restaurants that have overstayed over 10 years here.

26 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Instead of saying MOST Americans have retired, post a statistical fact.

I know 2 Thai couples who retired to America and 3000 men and one couple from America who have retired to Thailand. 

Do you have any statistical information better than that on numbers of Thais who have retired to America? 

I think it is fair to say the vast number of Americans who have retired to Thailand are male and a very few Thais have retired to America and those had family connections in America. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1