Phuket big bike rider, 24, rear-ends ice delivery truck, dies at scene

rooster59

Phuket big bike rider, 24, rear-ends ice delivery truck, dies at scene

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1535169190_1-org.jpg

The driver of the black Honda CB500, Ni-Tat Hophon, 24, was pronounced dead at the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 24-year-old big bike rider died this morning after rear-ending an ice delivery truck parked on Thepkasattri Rd in Koh Kaew.

At 4:15am today (Aug 25), Lt Anuwan Rauksayot of the Phuket City Police was notified of an accident in front of the PTT petrol station on Thepkrasattri Rd southbound in Koh Kaew where it was reported a big bike had collided with an ice delivery truck and that the driver of the bike was dead at the scene.

Officers arrived at the scene together with rescue workers to find a white Isuzu ice delivery truck parked at the side of the road.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-big-bike-rider-24-rear-ends-ice-delivery-truck-dies-at-scene-68376.php#demo

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-08-25

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

I  waited 12 hours with this dislocated shoulder, till two o'clock in the night. I have not forgotten. 

I bet.... I did mine a few years back and exacerbated the pain by continually throwing up because of the pain. Breaking my leg, twenty years back, was much less painful.

1 hour ago, Tradewind777 said:

You don’t need a big bike to do 30kmh into a concrete pole or any other solid immovable object for that matter, to die on impact. I don’t see the relevance of big bikes being more problematic than 125cc scooters. They are all deadly in the wrong hands if they can do any more than 30km/h. Fortunately these clowns are only on bikes, can you imagine the drama of their similar behaviour behind the wheel of a 1+tonne car? It’s unthinkable!

The temptation to drive too fast is greater on a motorcycle powerful and nervous than on a scooter!
And the one who says the opposite is a big, naughty liar, so there! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP to the young lad 

To the haters; 

have a go at the powers who allow this slaughter on the roads in LOS, not just Road Policing the whole licencing system and training/competency at all levels for all vehicles, on land, sea and dare I say it in the air...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, CLW said:

Time of accident at 4:15am. Most likely that alcohol or drugs might have played a role, too.

I totally agree. Probably on his way home from night clubbing. Driving under the influence is the major cause of road carnage in Thailand, not the lack of a licence, road tax or insurance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CLW said:

Time of accident at 4:15am. Most likely that alcohol or drugs might have played a role, too.

I can't see why someone would be confused over this. The assumption may or may not be correct, but assuming it is certainly within the realm of possibility considering: male, 24, 4:15am, big bike.

And those that say this could happen on any bike, even a Honda Wave 100cc are somewhat correct. Where they are off point is this; a Honda Wave will do 60km/hr and so will a Honda CBR 600R. The difference is a CBR600 will take perhaps 2 seconds and a Wave will take a lot longer than than. It is not top speed (which is designated as fast) it is how long it takes to get there (which is designated as quick).

Quick kills because it is infinitely harder to control.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CLW said:

Most likely that alcohol or drugs might have played a role

Alternatively, he could have been chasing after his daily ICE shot because he had missed the delivery.  After riding all manner of bikes all over the world, for some 60+ years, I have nothing positive to contribute toward these types of "accidents" because the authorities, the general public, and the riders do not take responsibility for them.  It might, just might help if better licencing, rider education and policing were in place but the old expression of "dream on" comes to mind. Even people who have been outside of Thailand, for whatever reason, seem to immediately revert to their "old" ways very soon after they return.

'nuf sed

Edited by wotsdermatter
  • Like 1