Viangbua Mansion-Has it Reopened?

ctrunfree

8 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Yes, I started that topic........as of 18 September my apartment will be vacant.

Ah, OK, thanks.  Apart from the issue with the aerials, were you happy with the place?  Have they updated the rooms much in the renovation?  People used to say the kitchens could be better equipped.

11 hours ago, ctrunfree said:

Yes, that looks like the old website.  Someone else has just told me that might have gone exclusively for the Japanese market.  I'll try emailing them.

It’s very much open and looking lovely.

No....not just for Japanes market at all.

I know a number of westerners there now.

Viangbua Mansion is open for business right now.

i stayed there for years before the Reno.

Wonderful management.

It has been completely and tastefully renovated....moving towards the higher end of the market I would think.

I have viewed the one bedroom apartments on a number of occasions and they are lovely.

Very well finished and stylish.

....big size about 80 sq met.

Kuhn Usanee is the manager and she is extremely kind and helpful.

There is always a Japanese contingent I’d say...this time of year for winter for a few months and again in December/Jan.

But  by no means exclusively so...I know a large number of westerners who have lived there and who will be going back.

Prices of course have gone up....I think the one bedroom apartments are now about 25,000 a month...but don’t quote me. I live nearby now and can assist if you have trouble making contact. Just message me.

i want to help out because Usanee has been so kind to me over the years.

Thanks for the responses everyone.  Does anyone have an email contact for Kuhn Usanee?  I wouldn't mind seeing if I can have a look at any free apartments for my next visit.

19 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Viangbua Mansion is open for business right now.

i stayed there for years before the Reno.

Wonderful management.

It has been completely and tastefully renovated....moving towards the higher end of the market I would think.

I have viewed the one bedroom apartments on a number of occasions and they are lovely.

Very well finished and stylish.

....big size about 80 sq met.

Kuhn Usanee is the manager and she is extremely kind and helpful.

There is always a Japanese contingent I’d say...this time of year for winter for a few months and again in December/Jan.

But  by no means exclusively so...I know a large number of westerners who have lived there and who will be going back.

Prices of course have gone up....I think the one bedroom apartments are now about 25,000 a month...but don’t quote me. I live nearby now and can assist if you have trouble making contact. Just message me.

i want to help out because Usanee has been so kind to me over the years.

5 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Thank you mikey88 for the email address.....I am going to send her an email asking why I was told no apartments were available on my floor except the one directly across from the cell phone tower and this morning people of Japanese heritage were being shown a vacant unit on the other side of the hallway, away from the health hazard..if she doesn't respond would you be willing to look into this for me as you say you're tight with her.........there probably is  nothing do this but I'd be interested to know for certain....I'm disappointed that I wasn't reached out to when I first complained about having to wear a tinfoil hat / or offered some kind of solution to the problem besides giving me back my deposit but keeping the rent ( 26K baht ) and letting me move elsewhere.....regards, JS

Yes do...

i looked at an apartment on the the eight floor...Then I looked at two vacant (at that time) delux. Type 2, which are the corner bigger units...

I liked one but she said it is already reserved.

When I stayed there before, the difficulty in getting a permanent apartment was that people had booked high season well in advance.

By that I mean...from about Nov 1 until end of Feb or something like that..

It was a problem for her because she could not take the advance bookings but yet she was left with vacant apartments come March/April..

6 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Thank you mikey88 for the email address.....I am going to send her an email asking why I was told no apartments were available on my floor except the one directly across from the cell phone tower and this morning people of Japanese heritage were being shown a vacant unit on the other side of the hallway, away from the health hazard..if she doesn't respond would you be willing to look into this for me as you say you're tight with her.........there probably is  nothing do this but I'd be interested to know for certain....I'm disappointed that I wasn't reached out to when I first complained about having to wear a tinfoil hat / or offered some kind of solution to the problem besides giving me back my deposit but keeping the rent ( 26K baht ) and letting me move elsewhere.....regards, JS

Happy to...

pvt message me.

What dates are you wanting....or what length of contract are you after?

As far as I know there are 4 types of  rooms.

Floor 7 and 8 has delux type 1 and delux type 2.

the other floors have either the studio rooms or the brand new one bedroom apartments which they achieved by remodeling and knocking down walls between the smaller rooms...

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 4:04 AM, DonDoRondo said:

I obviously don't share your enthusiasm about Viangbua Mansion.......... BTW - the building across the street that has the cell tower on the roof also has Bua in it's name....same ownership?.....if yes I wonder if they voluntarily accepted the cell tower?......FWIW -

Yes, it is, my pal was moved there when they started the renovations, he pays 3k5/month + utils for a small room with air-con on a yearly contract.

26k/month .... 555 ....... and a view of the cell tower, they saw you coming!

Archived