Agility In Thailand

dinfisher

i am bringing my three border collies to thailand and want to know anyone who can tell me where and how to get in touch with other agility fans. don't give me any rubbish about dogs being eaten and all that. i lived there for 27 years so know all about the way they treat dogs. they have improved incredibly in the last 50 years. of course my dogs will adjust. if we can, they can. josette

i lived there for 27 years

Before I leave all other things I was going to do today and seek out any agility activities here may I ask you a few questions?

Have you just started this hobby?

If not why did you not seek out other members here in Thailand who do the same events,I mean 27 years is a long time, did you forget whilst you were here.

Your request for assistance is so well put it will be very difficult for people here not to assist you in your quest?

I don't know anything about AGILITY fans,,I always thought that agility was just something that you lost some of as you got older, Kinda like gettinf stronger as we got older,,"Hey look honey,member when I was young and couldn't bend it with 2 hands,,now I am strong enough to bend it with 1,How much stronger ya think I gonna get??" :D

Not sure about the favorrite spit dogs,,maybe those with a little pit bull blood as they seem to have more "pork chops" on em,,same as with a little ROTTIE blood. :D

But sounds like them dogs is gonna be old and tough tho, if you has lived here 27 years and just now bringing them over. :o

Hi,

I have a few dogs here with me - mainly shepherds and training them first in obedience and protection. I am also interested in agility. There are lots of events etc here and the best magazine for their listings is Pet Planet (which is always 95% dogs). I haven't ever seen a Border over here. I live up in Buriram Province now and have the space / kennels / dog runs if you ever fancy a trip to Isaan with your dogs. Feeding is a nightmare in this climate but I have a few tricks to bringing on pups to their proper size. Highly recommend Hill's Active if you are seriously working your Collies in this heat.

Speak soon.

If he means trianing for dogs.....its a great idea.....yo ucan train them to attack other soi dogs to keep them away from your hosue at night, to attack songthaew loudspeaker rice and fruit sellers early inthe morning so they dont blast you outside your window at 6am (b^%&stards)........yo umay eventrainthem to look all sorry and cute when I nice looking girlie walks past !!

ok, hahaha. exactly what i expected from the majority of you. yes, i lived there for 27 years from the age of 1 until 28. i had never seen a border collie when i left thailand and that was 25 years ago. my hobby and love for border collies started in south africa where two of my dogs were born, same heat in durban as in thailand and there were many border collies overthere. so no problem about training in thailand. i see that pedigree sonsor dogshows, including agility. but i still don't seem to be able to find a contact for an agility school or trainer or even enthusiast. am planning to bring my own lightweight equipment with me. for those with their jokes about roasting dogs, i hope your little girlfriends all give you rabies.

Not going to bite at this one :o

seeing that you are serious on this difisher, I have a friend who breeds terriers and collies up north, but have no idea what she does for training or anything else. She also breeds Rotwielers. If you want a contact for her PM me....

ok, hahaha. exactly what i expected from the majority of you. yes, i lived there for 27 years from the age of 1 until 28. i had never seen a border collie when i left thailand and that was 25 years ago. my hobby and love for border collies started in south africa where two of my dogs were born, same heat in durban as in thailand and there were many border collies overthere. so no problem about training in thailand. i see that pedigree sonsor dogshows, including agility. but i still don't seem to be able to find a contact for an agility school or trainer or even enthusiast. am planning to bring my own lightweight equipment with me. for those with their jokes about roasting dogs, i hope your little girlfriends all give you rabies. 

Dunno about not seeing border collies here but when you were travelling the world did you ever see capital letters and paragraphs.

I understand they are all the rage now.

Yes I know that "le rage" is French for rabies.

unno about not seeing border collies here but when you were travelling the world did you ever see capital letters and paragraphs.

I understand they are all the rage now.

Yes I know that "le rage" is French for rabies.

Read the old Roger Crutley this morning. His dog story is great.

But than his locally acquired canines cannot compete with the lap dog.

I know SVB, it is a bit difficult to get full of excitement about this topic. The public relations aspect in the original question is bound to enthuse the members and have them go right out of their way to help.

You want to tell them to temper their enthusiasm with a modicum of decorum, or something like that.

I know SVB, it is a bit difficult to get full of excitement about this topic. The public relations aspect in the original question is bound to enthuse the members and have them go right out of their way to help.

You want to tell them to temper their enthusiasm with a modicum of decorum, or something like that.

Decorum ( even a modicum thereof ) on Thaivisa is a bit over the top Maerim. You have set the bar a tad too high for this place, :o Any news of Mr IT ( Retired ) ?