Lorcaserin

jayboy

I see the FDA has safety cleared Lorcaserin (Belviq), apparently the first weight loss pill it has done so for 13 years.It needs to be used in association with diet and exercise and is for those who are significantly overweight.I wonder whether it is available in Thailand and whether anyone has had experience of it.

I'm never quite sure about the use of this kind of drug.If an individual has the discipline to tackle obesity through exercise and above all calorie restriction - preferably under medical supervision - why would drugs be necessary? Any views?

Obviously if someone is able to control their intake by willpower alone, this drug is unnecessary.

But some people's brains are so wired that it is extremely difficult, virtually impossible, for them to control their eating.

Obviously if someone is able to control their intake by willpower alone, this drug is unnecessary.

But some people's brains are so wired that it is extremely difficult, virtually impossible, for them to control their eating.

Thank you.The people in the category you describe are probably candidates for surgery.As I understand it, the drug just approved by the FDA is to be used in conjunction with lifestyle modification including exercise but more importantly reduced caloric intake.Even with the pharmacological boost there will still be significant demands on self discipline - thus limiting the drug’s use I would have thought for those wired for overeating.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 4 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, jayboy said:

Thank you.The people in the category you describe are probably candidates for surgery.As I understand it, the drug just approved by the FDA is to be used in conjunction with lifestyle modification including exercise but more importantly reduced caloric intake.Even with the pharmacological boost there will still be significant demands on self discipline - thus limiting the drug’s use I would have thought for those wired for overeating.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did you ever look into it more ? I read about this drug too that it helps to curb appetite. I am wired for overeating or got a slow metabolism if I dont keep to a strict diet i gain weight. On diet there are always the hunger pangs.. would be nice if a drug like that counters them. 

Archived