Big Joke comes face to face with more Nigerian "Romance Scammers"

webfact

Big Joke comes face to face with more Nigerian "Romance Scammers"

Pictures: Thai Tourist Police Bureau

3pm2.jpg

Crime buster Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakpal gave a news conference after the arrest of three Nigerians and two Thai female accomplices involved in a multi-million baht set of romance scams.

The Nigerians were in attendance but the Thai women were apparently elsewhere in photos posted on the Maj Gen's Tourist Police Bureau website.

The Nigerians were named as Oli Ifaenyi, Samson Orgi and Orubor Kingsley Nosa.

3pm1.jpg

They have been variously charged with fraud and illegal entry after their scamming activities.

The Thai women were 34 year old Surairat Sapsang and Kanyaphat Bunlam, 26.

Surachate - known as Big Joke in the Thai media - was leading a police task force known as TACTICS - Thailand's ACtion Taskforce for Information technology Crime Suppression.

Police from Beung Kam, Phayathai, Patthalung, Phuket and Rayong were involved.

Victims were swindled by as little as 30,000 baht and as much as 2 million baht after they were promised gold, money and jewelry.

Source: Thai Tourist Police Bureau

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-27

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Victims were swindled by as little as 30,000 baht and as much as 2 million baht after they were promised gold, money and jewelry.

There would appear to be an endless supply of the gullible in this world. 

Three years ago in FEBRUARY an immigration policeman told me that he had already arrested 19 Africans in Buriram province for marriage scams (marriage extensions) by way of explanation as to why he was checking up whether I was actually living with my wife.

All these clever people, African or not, that find ever more sophisticated ways of getting around regulations progressively make things more difficult for the rest of us. I was indignant when, on showing my brand new marriage certificate, I was asked for my "Freedom to marry certificate". I understand why, now.

6 hours ago, cooked said:

Three years ago in FEBRUARY an immigration policeman told me that he had already arrested 19 Africans in Buriram province for marriage scams (marriage extensions) by way of explanation as to why he was checking up whether I was actually living with my wife.

All these clever people, African or not, that find ever more sophisticated ways of getting around regulations progressively make things more difficult for the rest of us. I was indignant when, on showing my brand new marriage certificate, I was asked for my "Freedom to marry certificate". I understand why, now.

This remind me ,someone said the Other day that one should call this place Thaigeria   LOL  ,,,,, there are so many here and they an't much good.  :cheesy: :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Is it just the Nigerians, or is most of Africa this corrupt?

Saw a documentary about college students in South Africa, they were in some sort of "leaders of tomorrow" study program.  Most of the students were natives of SA, 2 or 3 were immigrants from Nigeria.  The other kids were always ribbing the Nigerians for being con artists, etc.

Archived