TM30 and own my condo

You can do it online in some provinces, but when I tried last week it, wouldn't accept my login password. Went to my local immigration office, (Samui). The Immigration officer took my details, found my online account and entered them for me. He then printed it off and gave it to me. Told me to just bring that in future.

Edited by phetphet
added detail.

I send the reports for my houseguests by post. Sent by EMS with a stamped, self-addressed envelope included for the return acknowledgement.  Works every time and saves a tedious trip out to Chaengwattana.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KamnanT said:

I send the reports for my houseguests by post. Sent by EMS with a stamped, self-addressed envelope included for the return acknowledgement.  Works every time and saves a tedious trip out to Chaengwattana.

Chaengwattana doesn't care if you file TM30 for your private home

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I own my own condo...if I'm asked for my address on a form...I write the address of my condo in the form?

That wasn't the question.

If you need to file a TM30, apply for a Certificate of residence, or an extension, Immigration will request some form of proof of address you write on the form.

If you own a Condo, your limited to what you can supply as documentary evidence.

Blue Tabien Baan, has the address, but your not named in it.

Maybe a Yellow Tabien Baan, that will have your name and address in it,

Chanute will work every time though.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That wasn't the question.

If you need to file a TM30, apply for a Certificate of residence, or an extension, Immigration will request some form of proof of address you write on the form.

If you own a Condo, your limited to what you can supply as documentary evidence.

Blue Tabien Baan, has the address, but your not named in it.

Maybe a Yellow Tabien Baan, that will have your name and address in it,

Chanute will work every time though.

If the condo is your residential address (i.e. the one that you use when you make any application and the one on your driving licence etc.) then yes use that one. It should be the same as the address in the Blue Book (albeit in Thai, so you will need a translation, if you can't read or write Thai)

It makes no difference that you are not recorded on the Blue Book. You will have the Chanote with a copy of your name, and you will probably need this the first time that you register (the first time, I believe you need to do in person for this reason). Once you have registered with immigration, and are recorded on the system, they will give you a reference number which you can use for subsequent registrations.

I am 'house keeper' under the rules so I report myself on TM30 which is slightly nuts (not least as I also have a yellow book which is de facto proof of residence issued by the Thai government) but anyway

You don't need a certificate or residence. Complete nonsense (unless the poster is referring to the address used by immigration for you on the certificate). If you have an old certificate of residence for that address, then you can use a copy of that also as additional proof of address (doesn't matter for these purposes if it's an out' of date certificate) although if you have a certificate of residence and haven't reported your TM30 before, you may be liable to a fine for late reporting (really, a lot depends on which office you are using)

23 hours ago, KamnanT said:

True today. Maybe true tomorrow. Maybe not. It’s the law (albeit a silly one) so I do it.

I agree. I mail my TM30 by post likewise. I did a retirement extension at CW a short while ago and they asked to keep copies of my TM30 and TM28 stubs I had received back from them in the post earlier. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, roath said:

You will have the Chanote with a copy of your name, and you will probably need this the first time that you register (the first time, I believe you need to do in person for this reason). Once you have registered with immigration, and are recorded on the system, they will give you a reference number which you can use for subsequent registrations.

I always give them copies of my Chanote for registering myself and family members but they have never given me a a reference number for future registrations. (In Jomtien).

I have found that my condo management will do it online for me now though but intend doing it myself when I have to make the next visa extensions so I have the slips of paper to show them.

• Haha 1