Marriage / spouse visa requirements and documents.2018

28 minutes ago, moriozzo said:

Questions

1. If i apply for a marriage Visa, just for the visa applying process, do i need to have any income of will the 400k in my bank account be sufficient enough.

2. After 90 days of having the marriage visa, i need to extend it. For that, do i need any income or are the 400k also sufficient enough?

You should be able to apply for an extension based on marriage to a Thai at your local Immigration office.

400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application is sufficient to meet the financial requirements.

The regulations state you must have a Non Imm type Visa to get the extension, however some Immigration offices insist it must be a Non Imm type 'O' Visa. (Speak to your local office).

If they insist on a Non Imm O type Visa, you can obtain a single entry Non Imm O Visa (90day Visa) at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, then apply for the 1 year extension at Immigration within the last 30 days of that 90 day entry. 

An extension based on marriage allows the right to work, but you must apply for a WP separately.

38 minutes ago, moriozzo said:

3. Does anybody have any recommendation how to be able to work in a local registered shop and how to obtain a WP as i dont want to break any law but also want to pay as least income tax/coorporate tax etc. Do i really have to register it as a company limited?

4. In case i register the shop as a company limited in order to qualify to work there, what minimum taxable salary do i have to be paid?

Not possible, or a viable option in my opinion.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, dpspike said:

What exactly are you referring to in this portion of your statement above. Are you saying that photos of your wedding ceremony and husband & wife at the home must be provided? Is this indeed a requirement or merely something that Immigration has asked for in the past? Please explain further because I am unaware of such a requirement. I just got married at the city hall in Hang Dong recently, and will be going to Promenada (Chiang Mai Immigration) about this soon.

Photos of the two of you sitting on your bed, in the kitchen, couch and in front of the residence showing the address clearly in the photo. I stand outside my condo door and also the sign at the entrance. Note that these must not be printed from a computer but glossy 4x6” pasted to a piece of A4. At least this is how they do it at Samut Prakarn so best to be safe.

• Like 1

I am just about to do my renewal tomorrow and working from last years list. I do my renewal at Samut Prakan Immigration so my requirements may be different but here is my list:

• Form T.M. 7
  • Original passport of the applicant plus signed photocopies x 2 (all stamped pages, plus photo page). I do all pages just in case they send me back to the copier queue.
  • (Three) passport photographs (4x6 cm. in size). White background.
  • Original and copy of Marriage Certificate (both sides) between the applicant and Thai spouse. (KorRor.2, KorRor.3, KorRor.22 (Certification of confirmation the applicant is single before marriage), recently updated Kor Ror 2 at your local Amphur office (I update the Kor Ror 2 a few days before)
  • Photocopy of I.D. card of Thai spouse, signed.
  • Photocopy of Household registration in Bangkok (my yellow book).
  • 5-6 photographs of a.) All family members b.) Residence (exterior and interior) c.) Routine in Bangkok. Hard copy photos pasted onto A4, not printed from computer.
  • Map residence of the applicant in Bangkok. Hand drawn, not Google map or other. Directions written in Thai.
  • Letter from the Thai Bank which confirms that the money is not less than 400,000 baht in the bank account. Get from the bank on the morning of the immigration trip.  Must be same date. I do not know what this letter is supposed to say, so be careful. Most times the bank will have no clue what you are asking about. If anyone has a copy of the text and can upload, I would appreciate it.
  • Original and photocopy of the applicant’s bank book which shows the balance is not less than 400,000 baht and must not dip below 400K over a period of 2 months (3 months is better). Must go to the ATM on the morning of visa application and withdraw a sum of money and then update the bank book and photocopy again.
  • Receipt for TM 30 registering foreigners’s address. Obtain this within 24 hours of arriving back in Bangkok (if returning from a trip for instance).
  • Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit or temporary stay: sor tor mor 2  (แบบฟอร์ม สตม.2)
  • Acknowledgement of penalties for a Visa overstay form.
  • Questionnaire for married couple (this is only obtainable at the Immigration department. I cannot find a downloadable copy of the form. It asked her questions about how you met etc. 

I will update this file tomorrow when they will likely add some more documents to the pile.

Sor-Tor-Mor-2.docx

Acknowledgement of penalties for a Visa overstay .pdf

Edited by apalink_thailand
Added detail
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, ozzmanrocks said:

What I'm referring to is that it is a requirement to supply photos if your applying for an extension based upon marriage in Chiang Mai. I suggest you print some pictures in colour (normal A4 paper is fine), of yourselves at the location you currently reside. Include a picture displaying the house number, in front of the house, and a few pictures inside (in the bedroom, living room). Make sure you are both in the picture. I also supplied a few pictures from our wedding celebration. I suggest that you put a maximum of two pictures onto one piece of A4 paper. I supplied 6 pictures in total, 2 from our wedding celebration and 4 at our property. 

I also included a photo of us together with a group of friends on a night out.

10 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

I do not know what this letter is supposed to say, so be careful. Most times the bank will have no clue what you are asking about. If anyone has a copy of the text and can upload, I would appreciate it.

The letter just  states that you have X amount of money in your account on that day

here s a sample from Kasikorn Bimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32ank

you can ask them for 

"jotmai rubrong gnern fark nai banshe sumrum door mor"

TFB-letter001a.jpg.10a2d8ed940200fe32da5892dff9cc42.jpg

Edited by johng

Also update: the bank will give you a letter plus a certified copy of the last few months of your bank statement. Do this BEFORE going to the immigration office, on the morning of your visa application. Don’t forget to do an atm withdrawal immediately prior to asking for the letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of quick questions as you guys are more informed than I am or google. I have done three marriage extensions already but haven't been back to the Ampur since I first got the UK marriage certificate translated and certified and got the Kor ror 22. A lot of people seem to be recommending getting the Kor ror 22 updated but:

1/ What documentation is needed for this? 

2/ Does my wife need to come or can I just bring the old kor ror 22 and they check the database and give me another one?

3/ Does anyone know if the Amphur for Wattana is still at the top of Sukhumvit 55?

I haven't needed this before but every year they seem to bring in some new rule so might as well try and cover what bases I can.

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, jrward42 said:

Couple of quick questions as you guys are more informed than I am or google. I have done three marriage extensions already but haven't been back to the Ampur since I first got the UK marriage certificate translated and certified and got the Kor ror 22. A lot of people seem to be recommending getting the Kor ror 22 updated but:

1/ What documentation is needed for this? 

2/ Does my wife need to come or can I just bring the old kor ror 22 and they check the database and give me another one?

3/ Does anyone know if the Amphur for Wattana is still at the top of Sukhumvit 55?

I haven't needed this before but every year they seem to bring in some new rule so might as well try and cover what bases I can.

There have been reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration not asking for update Kor Ror 22's.

1. Nothing but your passport, the Kor Ror 22 you have and a completed form requesting it.

2, It would be easier for your wife to do since she would only need her ID card.

3. I don't know, But it can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration not asking for update Kor Ror 22's.

1. Nothing but your passport, the Kor Ror 22 you have and a completed form requesting it.

2, It would be easier for your wife to do since she would only need her ID card.

3. I don't know, But it can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet.

Great stuff thanks Ubonjoe as always. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Adding my experience to the post. Went to the Immigration Division 1 today to extend my NON-I O type (based on marriage) visa.

Well, arrived there at 6AM, got number 85 in a "pre-queue", day promised to be great. Then, when they opened the gate I got L4! Great, it seems I'll be out of there before 10AM.

No way... Everything was great, all the docs accepted, expect for ONE missing. The one no one mentioned in 2018 when I extended NON-I "O" for two times.

Today it turned out I had to provide a document that property owner has registered me as "a foreigner living in your property".

The property owner is... my wife ???? She hasn't registered a foreigner living in her property, even though no one asked for it before. Anyway, they told us "it a LAW" and we have to pay 1600 THB fine, otherwise you cannot get that tiny piece of paper and cannot finish your visa extension procedure.

So, if you're going to extend your visa any time soon keep this in mind...

Just lost 3 hours sitting in a "B-queue" to be told we have to pay a fine, then in "90 days report area", A9, to pay the fine, then A10 to get the receipt, and, finally, that stupid paper.

When I asked, what 90 days reports, yellow book are for? They replied - it's for you, but the "new" thing is for the OWNER of the property. But no one notified the OWNER of the property of these changes. During visa extension - NO, during 90 days reports - NO. At the immigration in the airport - NO.

They waived TR visa fees for some countries, lost the money... so they found a new way to cover their loss. Today there were 100s of people paying that fine...

Edited by Chaaang

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, Chaaang said:

Adding my experience to the post. Went to the Immigration Division 1 today to extend my NON-I O type (based on marriage) visa.

Well, arrived there at 6AM, got number 85 in a "pre-queue", day promised to be great. Then, when they opened the gate I got L4! Great, it seems I'll be out of there before 10AM.

No way... Everything was great, all the docs accepted, expect for ONE missing. The one no one mentioned in 2018 when I extended NON-I "O" for two times.

Today it turned out I had to provide a document that property owner has registered me as "a foreigner living in your property".

The property owner is... my wife ???? She hasn't registered a foreigner living in her property, even though no one asked for it before. Anyway, they told us "it a LAW" and we have to pay 1600 THB fine, otherwise you cannot get that tiny piece of paper and cannot finish your visa extension procedure.

So, if you're going to extend your visa any time soon keep this in mind...

Just lost 3 hours sitting in a "B-queue" to be told we have to pay a fine, then in "90 days report area", A9, to pay the fine, then A10 to get the receipt, and, finally, that stupid paper.

When I asked, what 90 days reports, yellow book are for? They replied - it's for you, but the "new" thing is for the OWNER of the property. But no one notified the OWNER of the property of these changes. During visa extension - NO, during 90 days reports - NO. At the immigration in the airport - NO.

They waived TR visa fees for some countries, lost the money... so they found a new way to cover their loss. Today there were 100s of people paying that fine...

My wife has never registered me at our house and so my question is if she does it today, will she still have to pay the fine, i was going to apply for a marriage today but  i still have 3 weeks left so can put it off a few days.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

My wife has never registered me at our house and so my question is if she does it today, will she still have to pay the fine, i was going to apply for a marriage today but  i still have 3 weeks left so can put it off a few days.

Yes, most likely (depending on the office) she or you will have to pay the fine otherwise you cannot get any service from immigration. 

• 1 month later...

I was married in the UK ,all my paperwork has been authenticated in England and at Thai embassy in London,all translated etc etc ,but on my marriage certificate it has my middle names this was 20 years ago in the UK (which i never use) so on my passport its just mt my first and last names,now my kor ror 22 does not have my passport no on it ,mt wifes copy has hers , will this be a problem?

I was married in the UK ,all my paperwork has been authenticated in England and at Thai embassy in London,all translated etc etc ,but on my marriage certificate it has my middle names this was 20 years ago in the UK (which i never use) so on my passport its just mt my first and last names,now my kor ror 22 does not have my passport no on it ,mt wifes copy has hers , will this be a problem?
Ask ubonjoe

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply for a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, and current extension stamp.

Your wife has to be with you every time you apply for the extension.

Hi ,my last post on this subject ,will it be a problem ,i think its been asked before ,thanks

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2019 at 10:23 AM, bert bloggs said:

Hi ,my last post on this subject ,will it be a problem ,i think its been asked before ,thanks

For renewal at Samut Prakarn, this is my list (100% on the first trip last year)

1. []Form T.M. 7 - must be filled out in front of officer. Or in ink, not printed
  2. []Original passport of the applicant plus signed photocopies x 2 (all stamped pages plus photo page).
  3. [](Three) photographs of 4x6 cm. in size.
  4. []Original and copy of Marriage Certificate (both sides) between the applicant and Thai spouse. (KorRor.2, KorRor.3, KorRor.22, Certification of confirmation the applicant is single before marriage), updated at the Amphur office
  5. []Photocopy of I.D. card of Thai spouse, signed.
  6. []Photocopy of Household registration in Bangkok.
  7. []5-6 photographs of a.) All family members b.) Residence (exterior and interior) c.) Routine in Bangkok. Hard copy photos pasted onto A4, not printed from computer.
  8. []Map residence of the applicant in Bangkok.
  9. []Letter from the Thai Bank which confirmation that the money is not less than 400,000 baht in his bank account. Get from the bank on the morning of the immigration trip.  Must be same date. 
  10. []Original and photocopy of the applicant’s bank book which shows the balance is not less than 400,000 baht and must not dip below 400K over a period of 2 months (3 months is better). Must go to the ATM on the morning of visa application and withdraw a sum of money and then update the bank book.
  11. []Receipt for TM 30 registering foreigners’s address. Obtain this within 24 hours of arriving back in Bangkok (if returning from a trip for instance). 
  12. []Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit or temporary stay: sor tor mor 2  (แบบฟอร์ม สตม.2) Hand written
  13. []Acknowledgement of penalties for a Visa overstay. Hand written.
  14. []Questionnaire for married couple. They provide on the day. May not have to do it next year since official filled it in.
  15. []Single entry first then one month later the multiple. Pay 1000 today after doing photos with neti. May need to get queue ticket.
  16. []Then wife and I take photo.

Furthermore, the list of documents as above information, please provide us the government fee as follows; 1. Visa is baht 1,900; and 2. Multiple re-entry permit is baht 3,800