Thai Travel Insurance

les1

Does anyone know of a Thai Insurance Co that will cover UK Citizen living in Thailand to travel Worldwide?

I found one a couple of years ago their terms & conditions said that you had to be either on a working permit or retirement Visa but I can't find it at the moment. AIG International quoted me but I cannot find their terms & conditions to find out if they cover for Pre=Existing Medical Conditions.

Any info' greatly appreciated, thanks       ?

We just got covered by AXA for a European trip. It was a condition of the Schengen visa or Uk visa for the Thai member to have it.

it was so cheap we doubled up for the sake of it though i would never normally buy travel i surance.

It also means you dont need to pay for airline cover they try to sell as its all encompassing

On 8/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, elektrified said:

You can buy insurance quite literally everywhere; banks, brokerage firms, insurance agents, at the Airport.... Even mobile carriers will send you an SMS with a link to purchase travel insurance (although it's for travel inside Thailand).

The only thing......when you say "travel worldwide", if you are traveling to America you will need to take out a special travel policy just for traveling there as most International policies exclude coverage while traveling in the USA.

Looked to get worldwide coverage that included the US where I go for about 3 mo a year.   Final cost through Cigna Global for my family of 5 was $2,560 PER MONTH with Thailand as my residence.  Can add options at any time but can't remove them until next renewal cycle.  The biggest thing was out-patient international which just about doubled the price.  Out-patient is what is going to happen unless a truly tragic event.  Looking for other options.

12 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Looked to get worldwide coverage that included the US where I go for about 3 mo a year.   Final cost through Cigna Global for my family of 5 was $2,560 PER MONTH with Thailand as my residence.  Can add options at any time but can't remove them until next renewal cycle.  The biggest thing was out-patient international which just about doubled the price.  Out-patient is what is going to happen unless a truly tragic event.  Looking for other options.

We paid about 18,000 Baht total (3 months) for the family for 3 million USD medical coverage when we went to America. We bought travel insurance from AA Insurance Brokers, Chonburi.

• 1 month later...