Boozy Brit tourist ignores 'do not touch' warnings at souvenir stall and ends up in Thai hellhole jail

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It was all because he ignored a 'do not touch' sign, and hid a crocodile skull at a local market while drunk the night before.

Another case of overly dramatic and lousy reporting. He was arrested because he stole the crocodile skull, not because he touched it. Due to his drunk condition, he was probably abusive too.

They have these signs in stores all over Thailand. You are NOT going to jail if you touch something.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“He puts the whole ordeal down to bad karma, remembering how days before he had put MnMs in a Buddha statue's ears”

No it wasn’t karma. Don’t bring mythology into this to explain away this incident. 

It was a pattern of behaviour that was eventually going to catch up with you. 

You are an arrogant, self-entitled, brain dead moron. 

That is why you got into trouble. 

Sorry but that isn't what karma is
Karma translate from sanskrit means 'action' 
Karma isn't some mystical force handing out punishment and reward; it's more of a cause and effect thing, your actions cause a reaction. That is essentially all it is, at least in Buddhist teachings anyway 

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Sorry but that isn't what karma is
Karma translate from sanskrit means 'action' 
Karma isn't some mystical force handing out punishment and reward; it's more of a cause and effect things, your actions cause a reaction. That is essentially all it is. 

I seriously doubt this moron thought that's what it was.

I doubt his ability to think full stop.

4 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

So no halal food, PS4, Pool table and other luxury like in a prison in Englandstan then ...

UK prisons have been in the news lately, suicides,self harming,violence,rampant drug taking, the warders have no control and many have resigned out of frustration and low pay.

• Like 2

I was reading the full story and was just about feeling sorry for this guy when I read the final paragraph where he admitted to putting m&m's in the ears of a buddah statue and then it dawned on me that he is a total pratt with little or no respect for the people and culture that he is visiting. Total pratt!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I was reading the full story and was just about feeling sorry for this guy when I read the final paragraph where he admitted to putting m&m's in the ears of a buddah statue and then it dawned on me that he is a total pratt with little or no respect for the people and culture that he is visiting. Total pratt!

The guy stole an item from a shop , that may be normal behavior in the UK , where anything not nailed down gets stolen , but its a different matter in Thailand .

If you take anything that isnt yours, you will get punished

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“He puts the whole ordeal down to bad karma, remembering how days before he had put MnMs in a Buddha statue's ears”

No it wasn’t karma. Don’t bring mythology into this to explain away this incident. 

It was a pattern of behaviour that was eventually going to catch up with you. 

You are an arrogant, self-entitled, brain dead moron. 

That is why you got into trouble. 

Couldn't have put it better myself! ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, akc1956 said:

Ok, so if a dog is born in a stable, that makes it a horse??

But a dog is clearly a different genus from a horse and most people do not need that pointed out to them.

Presuming that young Waleed was born in Northern Ireland, then he is every bit as British as every other child born in the UK of UK citizens. For the avoidance of doubt, should you have any, he cannot be classified as either a horse or a dog, even those British born horses and dogs.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The guy stole an item from a shop , that may be normal behavior in the UK , where anything not nailed down gets stolen , but its a different matter in Thailand .

If you take anything that isnt yours, you will get punished

Unless u r a bar girl