Underground cable for new house

tukpong

5 hours ago, beddhist said:

According to kamalabob2's post #15 it has to be single core.

I'm scratching my head about that. I generally use singles cores underground anyway because it's cheaper and easier to handle, but I really don't see any reason not to use multicore, and I see it deployed regularly even on PEA installs. If there is such a rule I'd be interested to read about it.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Since the only difference between HDPE and LDPE is the strength your argument for recommending it would be the strength. AKA pressure rating.

Tell us why HDPE is recommended

LDPE is softer, more flexible and melts at a lower temperature than HDPE HDPE is harder has a higher chemical resistance and can withstand higher temperatures.

And the polymer chains bla bla bla

Just now, Fruit Trader said:

LDPE is softer, more flexible and melts at a lower temperature than HDPE HDPE is harder has a higher chemical resistance and can withstand higher temperatures.

And the polymer chains bla bla bla

And which of those values would be beneficial for underground electrical wires.

Hmm, let me guess. The polymer chains determine the tensile strength ( aka pressure rating) there is no fire underground, and most likely also no chemical exposure, so only the flexibility would make it easier to lay cables underground.

Hey wait, that mean LDPE would be recommended.

• Haha 1

Just now, janclaes47 said:

And which of those values would be beneficial for underground electrical wires.

Hmm, let me guess. The polymer chains determine the tensile strength ( aka pressure rating) there is no fire underground, and most likely also no chemical exposure, so only the flexibility would make it easier to lay cables underground.

Hey wait, that mean LDPE would be recommended.

I have answered already. If you have some difficulties with English maybe limit your posting scope.

20 minutes ago, NilSS said:

I'm scratching my head about that. I generally use singles cores underground anyway because it's cheaper and easier to handle, but I really don't see any reason not to use multicore, and I see it deployed regularly even on PEA installs. If there is such a rule I'd be interested to read about it.

I've seen this stated before, but can't find anything in writing.

I suggest a word with your local PEA office before buying any cable.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Since the only difference between HDPE and LDPE is the tensile strength your argument for recommending it would be the tensile strength. AKA pressure rating.

Tell us why HDPE is recommended

Won’t you encase it in concrete to protect from damage and rats?

46 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I've seen this stated before, but can't find anything in writing.

You might be referring to the line below the cable size table which is written in the usual Thai style. I have translated to show how this remark could be confusing. 

Remark - Copper cable must put in PVC pipe using separate cables underground use NYY only.

nyy.JPG.e192db920b35f10f93dc56a15ea3fed3.JPG

• Like 1