Prayut orders his Article 44 orders compiled, some to be made permanent laws

rooster59

8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Article 44 is chickenshit compared to "the war on drugs" that was introduced by your beloved leader and his pretty-face puppet.

Here we go again, vacuum got sucked right in lol NOW take a long hard think ( I know it may hurt) why do you think even the yellows do not dare talk about this or question it? Rhetorical question only!

• Like 1

In what form of government do laws created illegally, then blessed as permanent considered proper? Not so sure we can say it out loud in this forum but this is a very dangerous precedent that the Thai people need to be cognizant of when they go to the polls. And hopefully the next legally, fairly elected government can unravel the mess being created.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eligius said:

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, this is not really new: the 'Constitution' already has a clause that says that orders from the NCPO continue in force.

But in any case, look at the lunacy and double-speak of the whole matter: they speak of 'when the country returns to democracy', but already are insisting that some Section 44 laws will still be imposed (it won't be Mr. and Mrs. Somchai who get to vote on this).

If anyone believes that the junta are going to 'return the country to democracy', I've got a nice seaside villa to sell them - in Switzerland!

I'm tempted by your  villa  but would need  Shergar thrown in as  well???

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The Constitution  chapter 3 guarantee rights of the people and liberties. Article 44 abuses rights and liberties and should be outlawed. 

abuse of rights and liberty are paramount to ... what ever you call this CF.  

13 hours ago, chama said:

In what form of government do laws created illegally, then blessed as permanent considered proper? Not so sure we can say it out loud in this forum but this is a very dangerous precedent that the Thai people need to be cognizant of when they go to the polls. And hopefully the next legally, fairly elected government can unravel the mess being created.

The fact that no one can say it out loud says enough.
You are correct, cognizance is noticeably absent from the majority and probably why the CF began and continues.

Glad I have a foreign passport and can leave behind what I have here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

They call them dictats by executive order for good reason, whether in Thailand or the US.

You mean they are called dictats because they are given by a <insert TVF banned non-PC word that Time used on it's cover>?

• Like 1