How Well Is Thailand Doing....?

Dutchy

Several key indicators point to trouble, including foreign direct investment, which has fallen from $2.5 billion in 1996 to $1.5 billion last year.

http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3869085&p1=0

foreigners are selling their shares on the SET en masse this year, the SET product the lowest figure in seven months.. This bring the question, what is Thailand doing wrong...?

Dutchy

Still the same Prime Minister...

Also, many are selling their stocks to realise the gain, as I did, other stock markets have been hmmm, slow.

Last, not least, I don't feel like investing all my savings in Thailand, as many others below 50 on 2-months tourist visas don't, either, specially since the recent mood change at immigration. And before you reply, No, my savings don't make up the missing $1 billion.

foreigners are selling their shares on the SET en masse this year, the SET product the lowest figure in seven months.. This bring the question, what is Thailand doing wrong...?

Dutchy

Are we saying because rich foreigner's are taking profit that there is no genuine landscape for opportunity? :D

The quote makes no mention of our founding father's in America, and when will the foreigner's pile back in as we expect them too or will the GDP for the 2004 fiscal year be more than six or seven percent or more?

If you say what are they [Thai Cronies] doing wrong, the answer is nothing other than an improving economy since the 97' episode where the infrastructure has genuinely matured to this moment in time. The set is re-correcting to an appropraite level for investor's, believe me nothing else...

Look around Bangkok and sense your own conclusion when you can have more of everything than what you would have back home. If we only had more loot!!

Yes, many are selling their stocks to realise their gains, and why not, human instinct?

Thaimee. :o

Fine. Thailand is making steady progress, having learnt a few lessons from previous debacle's. Banks have reasonable non performing loans [:D] so we will wait to see if the 'Thaksin' bring's the set to more than 1100 points.

Anymore and we are heading for a serious farce. Negative equity for those Thai's who can afford to do so and foreigner's throwing in the towel due to poor feedback from the government for compensation. Conservation for Tourists...? :o

Nothing overly 'over the top' like Zimbabwe though!!

Thaimee. :D