Cost of TRT

chiangrai

I am thinking of going to see if I need Testosterone Replacement Therapy but

first I want to see if I can afford it first.

I have been online trying to see what I need and what it will cost.

Searching on Thaivisa I found that the tests will cost about 3k but that's O.K because it's only every

3 months but I can't figure out approximately how much the injections will cost.

I know the dose depends on the test results but I am going on an average dose just to work out the price.

Online it says 50mg of Test Enanthate or Cypionate twice a week but on TV I only see the price for 10ml viles.

Does any body know how to convert the 50mg dose to ml"s.

What do I ask for in the pharmacy and how much will it cost for "50mg of Test Enanthate or Cypionate".

I will try injecting myself first or maybe I will go to my local GP with the stuff and get her to

inject me.I'm too far from any clinic to go in every time.I need to know the rough cost before I get the tests.

I don't want to get the tests and then find that I can't afford the meds.

I would also love to know how Testosterone injections compare in price with Testocaps.

I can get HOM brand testocaps 40mg at 400bht for 30 capsules.

That's 1200bht a month taking 3 capsules a day.

Can any one tell me what they spend on testoserone injections if the buy them at the pharmacy.

In Thailand it is extremely Affordable. If you end up going on trt you will be looking at prob 100-120mg a week. For 20 vials(about 40 weeks) of medication it costs around 3800 baht. Then you have the needles which cost 10 baht each.

As Jas21 pointed out you can feel tired on trt which means you need to take HCG as well this normally costs around 800 baht for 2 months supply. You will also want to get your thyroid tested and maybe look at taking some iodine tablets and maybe some B12 injections bi weekly. ALL up if you are taking everything I described you are looking at probably 2500-3000 baht every 2 months.

Once you have your injection protocol down and you know how your injections affect your testosterone and estrogen you can get away with only needing blood tests every 6-12 months.

Of course these prices mean you inject yourself instead of getting a doctor to do it, but you just inject subq twice a week into the belly fat, daunting at first but once you have done it a few times it is really very simple. 

Thanks a lot..........that's great news.It's a load off my mind to know I can afford it.

I am going for Thyroid tests tomorrow and may get cortisol,DHEA and testoserone

done as well.

I've just been recommended a place that does all this at Thai prices.

When I get the results do I need to see a doctor and get advice and a prescription or can I figure it out online.

I have a book that I want to follow.It says do every hormone in a certain order.

Insulin first so I went on a low carb,no sugar died.

Then Cortisol then Thyroid and Testosterone.

Can that amount of Test(100mg per week) be taken with out a break every so often.

9 hours ago, chiangrai said:

Thanks a lot..........that's great news.It's a load off my mind to know I can afford it.

done as well.

When I get the results do I need to see a doctor and get advice and a prescription or can I figure it out online.

I have a book that I want to follow.It says do every hormone in a certain order.

Can that amount of Test(100mg per week) be taken with out a break every so often.

YES you should see a Dr, also as this is your first (i assume) test level check, what will you compare your levels with? The scale for "normal" test levels in men is huge the figures are 270-1070 so quite a range! You may be low on this scale, but how do you know this is not YOUR normal? I would look at your diet & sleep regime before jumping into TRT & get a few months worth of results to set a real benchmark.

Cortisol test- the test itself can increase said levels, again i would advise getting a bench mark before panicking. 

IMO chemicals/drugs should be after trying to identifying the root cause, not used as a quick fix. What is your age?

I personally have low test levels, and was on your thought process, but i have elevated them with dietary changes & essentially suffer no ill effects of being on the lower end of the scale. 

12 hours ago, chiangrai said:

done as well.

Make sure to get your LH and FSH checked also, If these are low it is the reason your test is also low. You can try a restart first which would include clomid and maybe even hcg for 3-4 weeks and see if that gets everything working normally again. How much test you need to take a week depends on person to person, some people need 80mg some need 200mg, you normally want your testosterone around 800-1000 but also highly depends on your free testosterone levels.

I would definitely go see a doctor first and as Eezer said depending on your levels there may be other options to try first but it really does depend on your side effects. Also keep in mind being on the low end of the scale does mean up to 400% greater chance of heart problems and diabetes is pretty much guaranteed, something to talk to your doctor about also.

Edited by theonetrueaussie

Yes I must decide what to do when I get the results.

There seems to be 3 levels which people go for.

Normal is what endocrinoligests go for.

Optimal is what anti-aging doctors go for

and freakish is what bodybuilders go for.

I want to go for optimal.I don't know that number yet but

they say it's the biological levels of a 30 year old man.

I am 52 years old.

I'm looking for a good doctor near me but I might have to go

to Chiang Mai city..I'm just doing some tests first and trying to educate

myself a little before  I decide what to do

"Normal" can be anywhere from 300-1200 depending on your genetics

You will most certainly feel better on the higher end of that scale than at 300 or lower

It should also be easier to burn body fat and gain lean muscle tissue, especially if you lift some weights as well

most people go for between 800-1200 but the TOTAL testosterone is not the one that matters as this includes both free testosterone that your body uses and bound testosterone. The free testosterone is the value that you will want to base your dosage on as well as using common sense and seeing how you feel, you may feel alot better at 1200 or maybe 800 is where you want to be. For comparison most bodybuilders are around 4000-5000 when starting out and go up to 21,000+. 

Finding a doctor here that knows what they are doing is not easy, There are some very large forums which also have some leading TRT doctors that can help guide you or you can even get skype consultations with them and give them all your blood tests done here but it is expensive i think around $375USD a consult. Once you really research it and know more about it, it really becomes very easy to monitor and do.

Edited by theonetrueaussie

36 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

most people go for between 800-1200 but the TOTAL testosterone is not the one that matters as this includes both free testosterone that your body uses and bound testosterone. The free testosterone is the value that you will want to base your dosage on as well as using common sense and seeing how you feel, you may feel alot better at 1200 or maybe 800 is where you want to be. For comparison most bodybuilders are around 4000-5000 when starting out and go up to 21,000+. 

Finding a doctor here that knows what they are doing is not easy, There are some very large forums which also have some leading TRT doctors that can help guide you or you can even get skype consultations with them and give them all your blood tests done here but it is expensive i think around $375USD a consult. Once you really research it and know more about it, it really becomes very easy to monitor and do.

There is a clinic in Pattaya - no ideas of the costs, but i see decent feedback. 

The only doctor I would trust is 5 hours drive away and I keep getting different advice about weather to see one or not.

I will take it slowly and see how it goes.

My book says do one hormone at a time.

First get insulin under control by changing your diet and eating low carbs,no sugar for a month.Then get your insulin tested.which will be at the end of this month for me.

Then stop drinking too much coffee and any thing else that affects your adrenals,wait for a month and get cortisol and DHEA tested.That will be at the end of next month for me.

Then sort your Thyroid out.

They say there is no point in getting your Testosterone tested untill your adrenals and Thyroid glands are functioning well because they will affect your testosterone levels.

I will try this system and if I need a doctor I will get one.

You can do that BUT are you going to go low carb no sugar for the rest of your life?, Are you going to give up caffeine for the rest of your life?

If I was you I would pop over to vietnam and get a full blood panel done. I say vietnam because for about $100-150USD you can get absolutely everything tested, Cortisol, Dhea, Thyroid, Testosterone, Free Testosterone, Estrogen, Dhea, Prolactin, Progesterone, Vitamin D,B,E, HDL, LDL etc etc 

With all those results you will get a much much better picture of your body and what is going on, there are many forums that you could upload those results and get feedback as well as google research them yourself. That way when you go to the doctors you will have some idea of what everything means and suitable questions for the doctor. 

there are 2 forums t-nation and excelmale, Both are pretty good, Once you are on TRT you do not cycle off. It is also best to do HCG 250IU 2x week as well. I am only 35 and been on TRT for 5 months now, I have never felt better in my life nearly every problem with my body was fixed by going on TRT. I will probably attempt a restart in 2-3 years time but for now I am going to enjoy having a healthy functional body lol.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:28 PM, chiangrai said:

done as well.

Also get a DHT test as testosterone converts to DHT and a PSA as the more DHT you have the higher your PSA can be. Also get two testosterone test you want total and free as testosterone can be bound up and your total may not mean anything as it is the free that counts. Plan on the cost of finisteride for the DHT as well as medication to reduce estrogen if it rises from more testosterone

I couldn't edit my other post but you may not even need Trt. You may just be deficient in iodine and B12. Your thyroid tests will show that, If you do decide to go on trt then there is definitely a list of tests that you SHOULD get done before starting so you have a baseline to compare with further down the road.

You can also try some natural testosterone boosters which cost about 1600 baht for a months supply and they can also help with thyroid problems and see if that can boost you naturally. I tried them and they seemed to work well for me but they only boosted my test to 303, My natural levels were well below 200 without them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chiangrai said:

The only doctor I would trust is 5 hours drive away and I keep getting different advice about weather to see one or not.

I will take it slowly and see how it goes.

My book says do one hormone at a time.

First get insulin under control by changing your diet and eating low carbs,no sugar for a month.Then get your insulin tested.which will be at the end of this month for me.

Then stop drinking too much coffee and any thing else that affects your adrenals,wait for a month and get cortisol and DHEA tested.That will be at the end of next month for me.

Then sort your Thyroid out.

They say there is no point in getting your Testosterone tested untill your adrenals and Thyroid glands are functioning well because they will affect your testosterone levels.

I will try this system and if I need a doctor I will get one.

Why would you not see a Dr? you are not prepared to drive 5 hrs, but you are prepared to self administer STRONG hormones in the hope that some (potential) bro-science will fix?

Insulin - what exactly are you concerned with here? insulin spikes? total levels? how are you measuring this "control"

Testosterone - the point in testing now, in my opinion, would be to set a baseline by which to measure the efficacy of these dietary/lifestyle changes you are making. Otherwise this is pure guesswork, not an effective strategy.

Cortisol - PROBABLY the most  effective way to gain control of this is sleep. Good quality regular sleep, do you have a good night time routine to wind down? do you meditate? how much blue light do you have before sleeping ? etc....

I would really look for all of the above before injecting (or whatever) hormones without a true understanding (which you do not  seem to have, no offence) of what is it your doing, how to do it or what is the cause?

Just my 2 pennies worth.