Lazada launches LazMall with ‘9.9’ online shopping extravaganza

Lazada launches LazMall with ‘9.9’ online shopping extravaganza

By The Nation

0de56223cc4bcc409d98fa468a32a8e0.jpeg

James Dong, chief executive of Lazada Thailand

Gear up for the start of the year’s biggest shopping season with Lazada, Southeast Asia’s largest e-commerce portal, as it celebrates the official launch of LazMall.

Boasting over 300 brands, and tens of thousands of product listings, LazMall is Southeast Asia’s biggest mall that provides shoppers across the region with reliable services and product quality assurance to get their hands on all they ever wanted, the company said on Tuesday.

To ease shoppers into the year-end shopping bonanza, Lazada also announced the launch of a new extravaganza, dubbed 9.9, across six countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. 

Themed “All You Ever Wanted”, shoppers can revel in greater discounts and bargains, it said.

From today, shoppers just need to get on the Lazada App to have fun with “Slash It” and “Shake It” games, while at the same time, snag vouchers and great offers. 

Thai shoppers can also start adding to cart their favourite products before the 9.9 online sale begins at midnight on September 9.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353732

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-4

5 hours ago, Chassa said:

Guess they've got to do something, since they put delivery charges on, most goods are cheaper at Big C.

I have never understood people who actually think delivery should be or IS actually free. Its just marketing for the gullible masses who think its a great deal when something is "free". But there is no such thing as free delivery. Just ask ANY e-commerce seller.  "Free delivery" actually means "including delivery charges". Who cares if they are now more honest and quote delivery charges when what matters is the total cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandmonster said:

I have never understood people who actually think delivery should be or IS actually free. Its just marketing for the gullible masses who think its a great deal when something is "free". But there is no such thing as free delivery. Just ask ANY e-commerce seller.  "Free delivery" actually means "including delivery charges". Who cares if they are now more honest and quote delivery charges when what matters is the total cost.

Not my terminology, free delivery.

1 minute ago, Aforek said:

As the two messages above show, seems you don't know Lazada 

Many items now have delivery charges on Lazada as of lately, and the time of cheap prices has also passed.

In the past weeek i have ordered 3 items from Ebay, that were simply TRIPLE the price on Lazada, for the exact same product.

image.png.7288b20e2c24e02f4ca19f26817dbe05.png

image.png.60238143a78e7af82ec0c279ec93b7d3.png

I made an offer and paid 653 Baht, that is 65,3 Baht delivered compared to 243 Baht

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is another example that lazada is expensive and even items from Thailand get now delivery charge

Lazada 184 Baht

image.png.04e9ccce554a8659653262e30cb57125.png

Same item Ebay 53 Baht

image.png.ecdbc2ca76db86c47d182981b6ce7a21.png

yet another who doesn't know lazada. 

If everything were the cheapest at lazada every body else could close shop. 

So you don't do comparison shopping? 

Lazada doesn't sell all,  they have merchants selling thru them

Find the merchant who can sell you the cheapest. 

Sheesh

2 hours ago, Telly said:
4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is another example that lazada is expensive and even items from Thailand get now delivery charge

Lazada 184 Baht

Same item Ebay 53 Baht

yet another who doesn't know lazada. 

If everything were the cheapest at lazada every body else could close shop. 

So you don't do comparison shopping? 

Lazada doesn't sell all,  they have merchants selling thru them

Find the merchant who can sell you the cheapest. 

Sheesh

Sheesh, yet another who doesn't know his left foot from his right one, but want to sound smart

I gave 2 examples of products on lazada that are a third of the price online elsewhere, and most probably from the same seller, and i can give many.

Lazada was good, it has become a rip off lately

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Lazada 184 Baht

Same item Ebay 53 Baht

The one is shipped from Thailand, about 1-4 days until you have it, the other one comes from china, about 2-4 weeks until you have it

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The one is shipped from Thailand, about 1-4 days until you have it, the other one comes from china, about 2-4 weeks until you have it

I can wait for almost 4 times the price, but you can also look at my other post with the fans that are shipped from overseas.

I can post tens of other products if you want.

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I can wait for almost 4 times the price, but you can also look at my other post with the fans that are shipped from overseas. 

I can post tens of other products if you want.

In the other post you compare the price for a single fan with the price of 10 fans.

Of course you can find a lot of items cheaper on other sites, but there are also items which are cheaper on Lazada, in the end you are free to decide where you buy, nobody here said that everything on Lazada is very cheap ?

I order most things from Aliexpress if i can wait for 2-4 weeks, which i can for most items

Just now, jackdd said:

In the other post you compare the price for a single fan with the price of 10 fans.

Yes because I needed 10 and on Lazda the only option was to order 10 piece at 243 Baht each.

The same fan just 1 piece on ebay was 130 baht OR Best offer. Plenty of the same spec fan available for 80 Baht include shipping on Ebay, but different brand.,

Good idea to order on Aliexpress, since lazada IS Aliexpress, so why the price difference?

image.png.a030d1e4dbd0ea23fbd0dd1aacabad0f.png

9 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Good idea to order on Aliexpress, since lazada IS Aliexpress, so why the price difference? 

I think you don't understand how sites like Lazada, Aliexpress and also eBay mostly work.

Third party shops are selling their products on these platforms, they can decide by themself how they price their products.

Everybody in China knows Aliexpress and all shops are selling there, most also sell on eBay. Lazada is specific to Thailand, so not every chinese shop is selling there, which means less competition which might lead to higher prices (but sometimes Lazada is the cheapest, so i recommend to compare prices)

Other than that you might find local offers on Lazada, which means you don't have to wait a few weeks before you get the product.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think you don't understand how sites like Lazada, Aliexpress and also eBay mostly work.

Third party shops are selling there products on these platforms, they can decide by themself how they price their items.

Everybody in China knows Aliexpress and all shops are selling there, most also sell on eBay. Lazada is specific to Thailand, so not every chinese shop is selling there, which means less competition which might lead to higher prices (but sometimes Lazada is the cheapest, so i recommend to compare prices)

I suggest you read my previous posts again carefully.

I have used lazada for years, and it was always the cheapest, and I even have defended lazada many times in the past for that.,

Since Mr Ma took over many things changed, and prices started increasing, and lately lazada is even more expensive than brick and mortar shop most of the time.

By the way lazada is not only Thailand, they are in every country in Asia

My humidifier recently broke.

A Honeywell HCM-710 from Lazada was ฿6212 ($189) shipped from the US and the same humidifier from Amazon was about $120 including shipping and customs .(The actual humidifier price was $31.50 + $90 for shipping and customs.

Thinking that my Amazon order would take forever to get here, I also ordered a ฿995 humidifier from Lazada the same night (Monday the 27th) to be delivered locally from Bangkok (I’m also in Bangkok)

The Amazon order arrived in 4 days (Friday) and the Lazada order took 7 days (Monday).

2C947285-C396-4F07-8D75-98EB0B4F3705.jpeg

5B321913-4CD5-40A0-9A2D-70A0AB8FFDA6.jpeg

You can buy the same on Lazada for 58 THB. And if you buy 3 items and you get FREE DELIVERY. For the most items under 150/99 (up to the seller) the sellers charge for shipping cost.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bluetooth-notebook-usb-bluetooth-audio-music-wireless-receiver-adapter-35mm-stereo-audio-bluetooth-music-i257720716-s397227519.html

But right, some things cheaper on Lazada, some not. But for shopping inside Thailand and no risk about import tax Lazada is the best.

Edited by snowgard

13 hours ago, Chassa said:

Guess they've got to do something, since they put delivery charges on, most goods are cheaper at Big C.

Bought some groceries from Tesco through Lazada on Monday; delivered today. Sure there was a 45baht delivery fee but it costs me more than that to get to Lotus.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:40 PM, Airalee said:

My humidifier recently broke.

A Honeywell HCM-710 from Lazada was ฿6212 ($189) shipped from the US and the same humidifier from Amazon was about $120 including shipping and customs .(The actual humidifier price was $31.50 + $90 for shipping and customs.

Thinking that my Amazon order would take forever to get here, I also ordered a ฿995 humidifier from Lazada the same night (Monday the 27th) to be delivered locally from Bangkok (I’m also in Bangkok)

The Amazon order arrived in 4 days (Friday) and the Lazada order took 7 days (Monday).

2C947285-C396-4F07-8D75-98EB0B4F3705.jpeg

5B321913-4CD5-40A0-9A2D-70A0AB8FFDA6.jpeg

I gave up with Lazada about a year or so ago. They could never understand why I was not happy that orders took 7 days to reach me when they were coming from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Also, they allow vendors to lie about their location and, worst of all, their site is full of fake goods, even though they claim to have a 'zero tolerance policy' for counterfeit products on their site.

I spent weeks badgering them about the numerous fake Ernie Ball and D'Addario guitar strings for sale on their site and couldn't get them to do anything about it until I emailed Ernie Ball in the USA and their distributor in Thailand. Even after all that, and a number of conversations, all they did was remove the particular product I complained about from one vendor, allowing them to carry on selling other counterfeit goods. I stick to overseas vendors now: it's easier and I don't have to deal with gormless call centre staff who haven't a clue what they are doing.

• Thanks 1

While I use Lazada for many items, I have stopped buying frequently counterfeited goods as so many do show up on Lazada, especially flash memory cards and other storage media.  Even "Premium" Samsung Evo SD cards turned out to be phony.  To be fair, if one checks online, a lot of people are claiming to get the same fakes off E-Bay and Amazon.  Now I only buy storage devices at JEB at Fortune City (Bangkok) as nothing I have yet bought there has turned out to be phony.

I've noticed recently that more items purchased through Lazada and Gearbest do now have delivery charges added.   I guess both were eating those charges while building market share.   I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the Amazon "Prime" route wherein they charge an annual "membership" fee to qualify for specials and free delivery.

Edited by dddave

On 9/5/2018 at 3:15 PM, janclaes47 said:

Lazada 184 Baht

Same item Ebay 53 Baht

From the photos they are not the same product.

The top one has 3 holes on the bottom the others 2

17 minutes ago, harrry said:

Hahaha, another Lazada defender.

Below is what Lazada send me just an hour ago, after letting me wait almost 3 weeks.

We would like to inform you that the item (s) listed below from your order # 209620495871399 has been canceled due to the seller being unable to fulfill your order. Please contact sellers directly through Chat Now for more information.

Item (s) Details
MINIX NEO A2 Lite 2.4G Wireless Keyboard + Air Mouse Support Six-axis Gyroscope Accelerometer for Android - Black.
THB 654.00
Quantity: 3
Seller: Geekbuying
ECONOMY
Cash On Delivery
Notes

Any voucher or discount / promotion applied for this order will not be recovered. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Further Assistance for, please's of check Our vBulletin Help Center, or Add Our contact Middle the Customer with Service .

1 hour ago, harrry said:

You'll get the one from Lazada within a few days, the one from China could take 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe worth to spend a few baht more.

Edited by giddyup

Lazada is a platform. Sellers can come from anywhere and they name their price. Nothing to do with Lazada itself being  expensive or not. Some stock is shipped by Lazada on behalf of some sellers, usually bigger ones. I think these are in the LazadaMall e.g Official Samsung & Xiaomi shops

I recently bought a bunch of phones for family and friends from Lazada shipped by Lazada Mall. Pocophone F1, 2  x  Xiaomi Mi A1, 1 x Redmi 6A. All on the 9.9 flash sales. Nowhere else on any platform or shop online was it available and cheaper at that moment in time.  All delivered next day cash on delivery. 

I won't post stupid one off examples and claim its scientific proof its the cheapest LOL . Happy bunny now with crazy value Poco Phone F1 for 9990Bt.